Recommendations on Blasting Media and Gloves

golden1014

Hi All,

I need to do some heavy maintenance on my old North Coast sandblasting booth.  I need new gloves for it.  Can anyone recommend good gloves and an online place to get them?  Also, what blasting media is recommended for plastic and resin models?

Thanks so much,

John

John Golden
Albersbach, DE

https://railroadprototypemodeler.wordpress.com/

Bill Welch

Harbor Freight mail order for the gloves. For only etching the styrene or resin surfaces I use Baking Soda.

Bill Welch

T.J. Stratton

Hello John,

I purchased a 5lb. container of Badger Aluminum Oxide Abrasive from Amazon for under $30. I'm using a Harbor Freight Blasting Cabinet and their air eraser.  I have not had to replace the gloves.

TJ

TJ Stratton Maumee, OH. "Modeling the 1950's branch lines of the Michigan Central Railroad in southern Michigan" Mailto:michigancentralrr@...