Airbrush: Iwata HP-M2

thecitrusbelt@...

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

I don't have that one, but I do have a gravity feed Iwata and I like it.
The cup on the MP-M2 only holds 1/4 oz if that's a concern (and as a practical
matter I can't really fill the cups without spillage)

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.
Bob Chaparro

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

I have an iwata High Performance Plus which is also a gravity-fed air brush but it is a dual action model. I really like it. Note that a gravity-fed air brush will take a little longer to clean after use. Also, you don’t need to thin your paint as much (or at all) with a gravity-fed. But a gravity-fed airbrush does end up with a little paint in the tip when you stop a pass so when you start spraying again, you need to start off of the model to get rid of the paint “plops”.

Jack Burgess

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

<http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/> http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

thecitrusbelt@...

Thanks for the tip about the tip, Jack.

I appreciate it.

Bob Chaparro

Nelson Moyer

I have the same Iwata gravity feed airbrush Jack mentioned, and I think you would be much happier with a double action airbrush. Hobby Lobby had a weekly 40% off coupon that’s good for one item. I bought my second Iwata airbrush, a siphon feed, at 40% off list. I use a #5 tip and needle in the siphon feed and a #3 tip and needle in the gravity feed. The choice of which one to use is based upon surface area to paint. Generally, I use the gravity feed for freight cars and the siphon feed for structures, etc. I have a single action siphon feed Paasche the only gets use for painting track.

Nelson Moyer

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

tjcataldo

iwata is what i used go to coastairbrush.com for all your air brush parts

          tom

--
Thomas  j Cataldo

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

A dual action airbrush can seem intimidating at first…pushing the button while also pulling it back but it is easy with just a very little practice. I have been using dual action airbrushes for decades but I still remember using a single action…adjusting the needle so that I had a very tight pattern and then, a couple minutes later, adjusting it again since paint slightly clogs the tip as you paint. And then doing it again…

Jack Burgess

[...]

  tom cataldo

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:39 AM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--
Thomas  j Cataldo

Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...>

I will speak up also for the double actions. I had been happily using a bullet-proof Paasche syphon single action brush since the mid fifties. Then at the NMRA Sacramento convention some 7 or 8 years ago, in a moment of exhuberant non-judgment I fell for a great sales talk, and purchased on first sight at full bore an Iwata double action. I have never looked back, and I can also admire the Iwata for the very finely fabricated and finished instrument that it is. I love it for its ease of use and resistance to clogging.

The Paasche is a classic that takes a back seat to no one, however. It is American-made, unchanged since inception, and with skills more expertly applied, it still can do just about any job our hobby requires.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA 95864

Jack Burgess <jack@...>

Denny...

I think that was the same sales pitch that I experienced a number of years
earlier at another NMRA convention when I purchased my Iwata double action
airbrush...

Jack Burgess

I will speak up also for the double actions. I had been happily using a
bullet-proof Paasche syphon single action brush since the mid fifties. Then
at the NMRA Sacramento convention some 7 or 8 years ago, in a moment of
exhuberant non-judgment I fell for a great sales talk, and purchased on
first sight at full bore an Iwata double action. I have never looked back,
and I can also admire the Iwata for the very finely fabricated and finished
instrument that it is. I love it for its ease of use and resistance to
clogging.

The Paasche is a classic that takes a back seat to no one, however. It is
American-made, unchanged since inception, and with skills more expertly
applied, it still can do just about any job our hobby requires.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA 95864

------------------------------------
Posted by: Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

tjcataldo

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:39 AM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Has anyone used this airbrush? If so, what did you think of it?

Iwata HP-M2

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/revolution/m-series/hp-m2/

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--
Thomas  j Cataldo

Bill Welch

Not new at all but a very good Airbrush. I have the setup w/the three needles/nozzles/tips etc.

Bill Welch

jt burke

As Bill said, not new, but excellent and priced right as Tim pointed out! I also own the gravity Talon will all three needle sizes. I love it and can finally get the perfectly thin, translucent fades and splatter free weathering affects I am after. I find it's faster and easier to use and clean than my siphon H and use it for everything other than thick, solid colors over large areas.

jt burke
Marion, OH

Bill Welch

It is a little heavier than the other pencil type AB's I own—Badger 105 & 155, Harder & Steenbeck Infinity—but not objectionable at all. Nice solid feel with smooth predictable trigger action.

Bill Welch