Unloading Automobiles

rwitt_2000

The apparent main topic of the photos in the link that Bob provided is unloading automobiles; Buicks in fact.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-12-28-17/X3013.jpg

There are five negatives in this group. As always lots of interesting stuff from these glass plate negatives. Many of the autos were shipped on flats covered by tarps.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-12-28-17/X3010.jpg

X3010--Unknown location--Covered automobile being lifted off of flat car [1923.xx.xx]
X3011--Unknown location--Covered automobile being lifted off of flat car by railroad crane no. 5932 [1923.xx.xx]
X3012--Unknown location--Covered automobile being lifted off of flat car [1923.xx.xx]
X3013--Unknown location--Line of new automobiles next to track [1923.xx.xx]
X3014--Unknown location--Line of new automobiles next to track [1923.xx.xx]

The cars being unloaded  appear to be Buick motor cars.

Image X3012 has yet another view of those "hatch hoods".

Bob Witt

George Eichelberger

I may have uploaded the auto parts presentation I did at Collinsville a couple of years ago? There are various photos of old auto loading in it so it may be worth sending a new Google Drive link?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UTSH3viVgtCo6Te_P5Ak_fd7jZQk5kPz/view?usp=sharing

Ike

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

So we can assume the guys on the dock are all doctors?

John Hagen

Al Kresse <water.kresse@...>

Thanks Ike.  Al Kresse