Jumbo Icing Car At El Paso

thecitrusbelt@...

Here is a  link to a photo from the Cornell University Library Digital Collections:

https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog/ss:20988414

Scroll over the photo to enlarge it.

On the right in this photo is a partial view of the "Jumbo Car" used to ice express reefers at the El Paso passenger depot:

This home-built car is seen in better detail on Page 326 of the PFE book.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Charles Morrill

Thanks for posting the El Paso yard photo.  Brings back memories.  I may have even worked #60 around that time.  Looks like one of El Paso’s dust storms may have been going on.

Charlie

Here is a  link to a photo from the Cornell University Library Digital Collections:

https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog/ss:20988414

Scroll over the photo to enlarge it.

On the right in this photo is a partial view of the "Jumbo Car" used to ice express reefers at the El Paso passenger depot:

This home-built car is seen in better detail on Page 326 of the PFE book.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

What’s the tripod on #60’s roof for?

Thanks!