More reefers

Paul Catapano

Tony,
You wrote:
Um, no. Non-produce was about 15 percent of PFE's total traffic

Really? You are most likely right,  but I seem to recall somewhere, of course I can't remember where, that produce reefers hauled a lot (by "a lot" I mean nearly 50% of their loads) of canned goods.
My numbers may come from SFRD but I cannot swear to it.

Paul Catapano

Tony Thompson

Paul Catapano wrote:

Really? You are most likely right,  but I seem to recall somewhere, of course I can't remember where, that produce reefers hauled a lot (by "a lot" I mean nearly 50% of their loads) of canned goods.

    "Really?" They are PFE statistics, you can look them up in the PFE book for yourself.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history