FEC 17001 ventilated cars

Eric Hansmann

Rob,

Do you have the RPCyc volume that covers the USRA double sheathed box cars?

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On January 29, 2018 at 12:09 AM "Robert kirkham rdkirkham@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has forwarded drawings and photos of these cars.    Will remember to flag the parts once created.

If anyone has a close up of the end vent itself, that would make a difference, but at this point the rest of the part is coming along reasonably well.

Rob

Robert kirkham

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has forwarded drawings and photos of these cars.    Will remember to flag the parts once created.

If anyone has a close up of the end vent itself, that would make a difference, but at this point the rest of the part is coming along reasonably well.

Rob

Nelson Moyer

Rob,

I attached a scan of a print of the DVD file. MR disabled copy and save, so the only option is to print and scan. Unfortunately, the DVD scan is awful, so the print is also awful. I tried to darken the image using the scanner software, but that made the photo too dark and didn't help the drawing. Sorry, but this is the best I can do.

Nelson

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 10:41 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] FEC 17001 ventilated cars

I'll look for a copy of that issue Bill - thanks!

Rob

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:50 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] FEC 17001 ventilated cars

Rob,

I had the same problem . . . Model Railroader of December, 1975, page 59. I checked the internet for a used magazine vendor to obtain my copy. Expensive but worth it for the wealth of data. (Bill Welch may be able to provide photos of his model.)

Regards

From: Robert kirkham rdkirkham@live.ca [STMFC]<mailto:rdkirkham@live.ca%20[STMFC]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:37 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] FEC 17001 ventilated cars

I'm working on a model of the car end for these cars for another modeller, but so far am working from a poor ¾ view photo and the basic dimensions of murphy ends. It would be useful to obtain dimensions for the height and width of the car bodies. As a CPR modeller, I don't have that sort of information in my resources.. If there are drawings or dimensions available, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rob Kirkham

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert kirkham

Awesome – will have to dig through my collection.  Thanks Eric

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 8:42 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: FEC 17001 ventilated cars

Rob,

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia Volume 16 has a few good images of these prototypes on page 24 & 25. Drawings are on pages 8 & 9.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:35 PM

LOL – well, because I am building to O scale. 

Rob

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 4:08 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: FEC 17001 ventilated cars

If you are in 1/87 scale why not use the Westerfield ends for this car?

Bill Welch

Robert kirkham

I’ll look for a copy of that issue Bill – thanks!

Rob

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] FEC 17001 ventilated cars

Rob,

I had the same problem . . . Model Railroader of December, 1975, page 59.  I checked the internet for a used magazine vendor to obtain my copy.  Expensive but worth it for the wealth of data.  (Bill Welch may be able to provide photos of his model.)

Regards

I’m working on a model of the car end for these cars for another modeller, but so far am working from a poor ¾ view photo and the basic dimensions of murphy ends.  It would be useful to obtain dimensions for the height and width of the car bodies.  As a CPR modeller, I don’t have that sort of information in my resources..  If there are drawings or dimensions available, I’d sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rob Kirkham

Jack Mullen

Rob,

The 1931 Cyc had a photo and drawings which include end elevation.  They were reprinted in Newton Gregg's Trainshed Cyc  No.3.

Jack Mullen

Eric Hansmann

Rob,

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia Volume 16 has a few good images of these prototypes on page 24 & 25. Drawings are on pages 8 & 9.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:35 PM

Rob

Bill Welch

Bill Baker <bill_baker@...>

Rob,

I had the same problem . . . Model Railroader of December, 1975, page 59.  I checked the internet for a used magazine vendor to obtain my copy.  Expensive but worth it for the wealth of data.  (Bill Welch may be able to provide photos of his model.)

Regards

I’m working on a model of the car end for these cars for another modeller, but so far am working from a poor ¾ view photo and the basic dimensions of murphy ends.  It would be useful to obtain dimensions for the height and width of the car bodies.  As a CPR modeller, I don’t have that sort of information in my resources..  If there are drawings or dimensions available, I’d sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rob Kirkham

Robert kirkham

Rob

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Robert kirkham

I’m working on a model of the car end for these cars for another modeller, but so far am working from a poor ¾ view photo and the basic dimensions of murphy ends.  It would be useful to obtain dimensions for the height and width of the car bodies.  As a CPR modeller, I don’t have that sort of information in my resources.  If there are drawings or dimensions available, I’d sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rob Kirkham