From: 'Steve and Barb Hile' shile@... [STMFC] To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Mar 9, 2018 8:24 pm
Subject: [STMFC] 1927 ORER

I am trying to trace some Lincoln Oil Refining Company tank cars that were purchased by UTLX in 1927.  I don't see Lincoln, or its reporting marks LINX in the October 1926 ORER and it doesn't show in 1930, either.

I would appreciate if anyone could share any Lincoln Oil Refining ORER info from any time in 1927 or later.  Lincoln was located in Robinson, Illinois and was a predecessor of Marathon, which still operates a refinery there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Hile

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Nothing in the May 1926 ORER for either Lincoln Oil or LINX

Claus Schlund

Nothing in the ORERs from 1/38, 1/43, 4/52, 7/56, or 1/58. No LINX or Lincoln Oil.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

I am trying to trace some Lincoln Oil Refining Company tank cars that were purchased by UTLX in 1927.  I don't see Lincoln, or its reporting marks LINX in the October 1926 ORER and it doesn't show in 1930, either.

I would appreciate if anyone could share any Lincoln Oil Refining ORER info from any time in 1927 or later.  Lincoln was located in Robinson, Illinois and was a predecessor of Marathon, which still operates a refinery there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Hile

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Steve and List Members,

The previously discussed image regarding the "Lincoln Oil Refining" tank car showed reporting marks of FTX... see link below.

FTX is listed in the May 1926 ORER on page 883 as Federal Tank Line with a total of 741 cars, varying in capacity.

Claus Schlund

Nothing in the May 1926 ORER for either Lincoln Oil or LINX

Claus Schlund

Nothing in the ORERs from 1/38, 1/43, 4/52, 7/56, or 1/58. No LINX or Lincoln Oil.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

I am trying to trace some Lincoln Oil Refining Company tank cars that were purchased by UTLX in 1927.  I don't see Lincoln, or its reporting marks LINX in the October 1926 ORER and it doesn't show in 1930, either.

I would appreciate if anyone could share any Lincoln Oil Refining ORER info from any time in 1927 or later.  Lincoln was located in Robinson, Illinois and was a predecessor of Marathon, which still operates a refinery there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Hile

Ted Schnepf

Hi Steve,

checked 1/28 ORER, no LINX listed.  only Lincoln was Gas and coal LGCX.

ted

At 10:24 PM 3/9/2018, you wrote:

I am trying to trace some Lincoln Oil Refining Company tank cars that were purchased by UTLX in 1927.  I don't see Lincoln, or its reporting marks LINX in the October 1926 ORER and it doesn't show in 1930, either.

I would appreciate if anyone could share any Lincoln Oil Refining ORER info from any time in 1927 or later.  Lincoln was located in Robinson, Illinois and was a predecessor of Marathon, which still operates a refinery there.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Hile

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@...
847-697-5353
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used.  HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 5% added).

Richard Townsend

No FTX in 1/38 ORER.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR