Branchline /atlas parts

Brian Carlson

Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Dave Boss

You could check with Atlas but I did a few months ago, and they told me they sold off all of it to someone. They didn't say who it was.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Dave,

Depending on what you need, consider looking for a parts donor kit at a train show. At the Shenandoah Valley show earlier this month I saw a couple dozen unassembled Branchline kits, mostly 50' cars. Even if you need parts for a 40' car, the 50' ladders and brake parts should work, and you will get some extra goodies for your parts stash.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 5/22/18 12:43 PM, Dave Boss wrote:
You could check with Atlas but I did a few months ago, and they told me they sold off all of it to someone. They didn't say who it was.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

bflynnd1

Not sure what parts you’re looking for, but I just ordered some doors and roofs last week and got them in a few days. If you’re looking for other parts ie ladders or grabs, I might have some, not sure but I can look.

Brian Flynn

On May 22, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Brian Carlson

Did you call them? The parts aren’t on their website.

Brian J. Carlson

On May 22, 2018, at 6:45 PM, bflynnd1 via Groups.Io <bflynn562=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Not sure what parts you’re looking for, but I just ordered some doors and roofs last week and got them in a few days. If you’re looking for other parts ie ladders or grabs, I might have some, not sure but I can look.

Brian Flynn
On May 22, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Tony Thompson

I also bought some doors a few months ago. I phoned them.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history

Brian Carlson

Thanks for the reply’s. Looks like I will have to call them.

Brian J. Carlson

On May 22, 2018, at 7:04 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@signaturepress.com> wrote:

I also bought some doors a few months ago. I phoned them.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history

Armand Premo

I have a few spare parts available if you are unable to locate any ..Armand Premo

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:42 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:
Thanks for the reply’s. Looks like I will have to call them.

Brian J. Carlson
> On May 22, 2018, at 7:04 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
>
>       I also bought some doors a few months ago. I phoned them.
>
> Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
> 2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
> (510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
> Publishers of books on railroad history

bflynnd1

No I ordered them on the website. I am away from my computer now, but I can send you a link tomorrow when I get time to look it up.

Brian Flynn

On May 22, 2018, at 5:47 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Did you call them? The parts aren’t on their website.

Brian J. Carlson
On May 22, 2018, at 6:45 PM, bflynnd1 via Groups.Io <bflynn562=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Not sure what parts you’re looking for, but I just ordered some doors and roofs last week and got them in a few days. If you’re looking for other parts ie ladders or grabs, I might have some, not sure but I can look.

Brian Flynn
On May 22, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Dave Boss

Wow I called Atlas in Jan, for tank car parts. While I was talking to the parts fellow I inquired about BL parts or undec kits. he told me they were out of stock, and what they had they sold the whole lot to some dealer. He also told me the BL parts would not be available any more. Dave

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 9:43 PM, bflynnd1 via Groups.Io <bflynn562@...> wrote:
No I ordered them on the website. I am away from my computer now, but I can send you a link tomorrow when I get time to look it up.

Brian Flynn
> On May 22, 2018, at 5:47 PM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Did you call them? The parts aren’t on their website.
>
> Brian J. Carlson
>> On May 22, 2018, at 6:45 PM, bflynnd1 via Groups.Io <bflynn562=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure what parts you’re looking for, but I just ordered some doors and roofs last week and got them in a few days. If you’re looking for other parts ie ladders or grabs, I might have some, not sure but I can look.
>>
>> Brian Flynn
>>> On May 22, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.
>>>
>>> Brian J. Carlson

Charles Happel

Look under Trainman frt. car parts.

Chuck Happel

The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.

P. J. O'Rourke

Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Branchline /atlas parts
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 9:43 PM

wrote:

>>> Does anyone know if Atlas sells
parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap
and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Benjamin Hom

Chuck Happel wrote:
"Look under Trainman frt. car parts."

Not seeing them.
Got a link?

Ben Hom

Charles Happel

Try: https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1460-ho-tm-40-pd-box-car-spare-parts.aspx

To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 6:51 AM

Chuck Happel wrote:
"Look
under Trainman frt. car parts."
Not seeing them.https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1079-ho-trainman-rolling-stock-spar.aspxGot a link?

Ben Hom

Brian Carlson

Thanks but those are not parts for the former Branchline postwar boxcars that I was looking for in my original post.

Brian J. Carlson

To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 6:51 AM

Chuck Happel wrote:
"Look
under Trainman frt. car parts."
Not seeing them.https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1079-ho-trainman-rolling-stock-spar.aspxGot a link?

Ben Hom

Clark Propst

Don’t know what part you need. Consider using another ‘like’ part as a wreck damage replacement? Makes for some fun weathering options. 80% of my modeling is damage control... ;  ))
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

John Monrad

The limited number of Branchline parts can be accessed at

If that doesn't work on your browser, type in
BL1
in the Atlas search box.

John Monrad

On Wed, May 23, 2018, 8:07 AM Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks but those are not parts for the former Branchline postwar boxcars that I was looking for in my original post.

Brian J. Carlson
> On May 23, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Charles Happel via Groups.Io <cghappel2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Try:    https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1460-ho-tm-40-pd-box-car-spare-parts.aspx
>
> Chuck Happel
>
> The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.
>
> P. J. O'Rourke

> On Wed, 5/23/18, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Branchline /atlas parts
> To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
> Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 6:51 AM
>

> Chuck Happel wrote:
> "Look
> under Trainman frt. car parts."
> Not seeing them.https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1079-ho-trainman-rolling-stock-spar.aspxGot a link?
>
> Ben Hom

Bill Welch

Brian, to the extent this will help you here is the email address for the person at Alas I have found to be helpful: Steve Millenbach—smillenbach@.... I think his role is Customer Relations and he helped me ID stock numbers for Undec. 40-foot boxcar kits.

Bill Welch

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 09:30 am, Brian Carlson wrote:
Does anyone know if Atlas sells parts for the branchline postwar Box cars. I had a mishap and need to replace some parts.

Brian J. Carlson

Bill Welch

I notice the site has cut the information after the "@" so here it is: atlasrr.com

Bill Welch

Dave Boss

Thanks folks  for all the info on branchline kits. I was looking for a couple undec standard 50ft plug dr cars not GARX versions. I think BL made two different types?, for a kit bash starting point. Was also interested in some 40ft undec box cars for some other projects. Thanks Dave

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Dave,

I have one #1700 undecorated "standard style" 50' PD car. Contact me off-list if you want this: sarahsan_AT_embarqmail.com.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿