1/4” Scale Mid-Century Composite Boxcar

Gene Deimling

My scratch building project to create a replica of the Northern Pacific 9480 boxcar series is done.
I built the car from Evergreen styrene except for the ends salvaged off an Intermountain AAR boxcar.
I was fortunate enough to have Lee Turner paint and weather the car. He used a custom Rick Leach decal set to finish the car off.

Gene Deimling

Rufus Cone

Gene,
Your model building, with Rick's decals and Lee's paint and weathering, captures the prototype with amazing fidelity.
The black and white image - like most of those we have for reference - really shows off the excellence of this model
Rufus Cone

James Brewer

Beautiful work Gene!

Jim Brewer

Tony Thompson

Marvelous modeling -- shows what can be done in O scale. Good one, Gene!

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com

gtws00

That is a beautiful looking model.
Thanks for sharing
George Toman

Guy Wilber

Gene wrote:

“My scratch building project to create a replica of the Northern Pacific 9480 boxcar series is done.

I was fortunate enough to have Lee Turner paint and weather the car. He used a custom Rick Leach decal set to finish the car off.”

Trifecta! Three true craftsman and the combined end result is stunning!

Kindest Regards,

Guy Wilber

Rich C

Simply outstanding, Gene! I follow your blog quite regularly.

Rich Christie

Lester Breuer

GeneI I went to your blog and viewed the outstanding model.  Also enjoyed the build of running board post.  Thanks for sharing.
Lester Breuer

Michael Gross

Magnifique!!!
--