20 Westerfield Caswell gon kits on Ebay, current price: $99

Dave Nelson

This auction seems pretty unusual so this is a last day heads up.  I don't know seller.

Nobody has yet bid on this lot.

Good luck!

Dave Nelson

Tim O'Connor

If I were a retailer I might grab them - but 20 identical resin kits??

On 10/11/2021 3:37 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:
This auction seems pretty unusual so this is a last day heads up.  I don't know seller.

Nobody has yet bid on this lot.

Good luck!

Dave Nelson

Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

Depends upon your operational needs. I built 24 identical Sunshine stock car kits, CB&Q SM-18s.

Nelson Moyer

If I were a retailer I might grab them - but 20 identical resin kits??

On 10/11/2021 3:37 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:

This auction seems pretty unusual so this is a last day heads up.  I don't know seller.

Nobody has yet bid on this lot.

Good luck!

Dave Nelson

Sterling, Massachusetts

Steve SANDIFER

I have 22 Caswells on my layout. I’m just grateful that Intermountain came out with them before I had to build Westerfields. They were everywhere on the Santa Fe in 1950 including at my quarry, hauling sand for engine facilities and concrete companies, hauling scrap, pipe, machinery, MOW, etc. BTW, they are not “identical.”

J. Stephen Sandifer

If I were a retailer I might grab them - but 20 identical resin kits??

On 10/11/2021 3:37 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:

This auction seems pretty unusual so this is a last day heads up.  I don't know seller.

Nobody has yet bid on this lot.

Good luck!

Dave Nelson

Sterling, Massachusetts

Dave Nelson

They sold for $8.50/kit.

I'll bet many, if not all will be on eBay over the next few weeks at $20 each.

Dave Nelson

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 06:49:28 AM PDT, Steve SANDIFER <steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

I have 22 Caswells on my layout. I’m just grateful that Intermountain came out with them before I had to build Westerfields. They were everywhere on the Santa Fe in 1950 including at my quarry, hauling sand for engine facilities and concrete companies, hauling scrap, pipe, machinery, MOW, etc. BTW, they are not “identical.”

J. Stephen Sandifer

If I were a retailer I might grab them - but 20 identical resin kits??

On 10/11/2021 3:37 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:

This auction seems pretty unusual so this is a last day heads up.  I don't know seller.

Nobody has yet bid on this lot.

Good luck!

Dave Nelson

Sterling, Massachusetts

David

I bought them.  I plan to build all of them this winter.

David Snook
Wichita, KS

Paul Doggett

Excellent news hope you post some photos of them.
Paul Doggett    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 13 Oct 2021, at 12:35, David via groups.io <davidleesnook@...> wrote:

I bought them.  I plan to build all of them this winter.

David Snook
Wichita, KS

Steve SANDIFER

Instead of the Caswell rollers that are cast with the kit, buy Evergreen tubing and cut those donuts. They will look much better than the cast underbody parts. The same goes for anyone building one of the stock cars with Caswell drop bottom.

J. Stephen Sandifer

I bought them.  I plan to build all of them this winter.

David Snook
Wichita, KS

Paul Doggett

Steve

What a good idea.

Paul doggett.

On 13 Oct 2021, at 19:56, Steve SANDIFER <steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

Instead of the Caswell rollers that are cast with the kit, buy Evergreen tubing and cut those donuts. They will look much better than the cast underbody parts. The same goes for anyone building one of the stock cars with Caswell drop bottom.

J. Stephen Sandifer

I bought them.  I plan to build all of them this winter.

David Snook
Wichita, KS

Steve Stull

A  bit challenging to build, but great models.  Congrats on the score!
Yes, I was watching, and my fingers were twitching as it got close :)

Steve Stull
Winslow7076