Reboxx

Pierre Oliver

Has any one heard from the people at reboxx, lately.
I've had a large order with them for months now with no responses

--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com

Norm Buckhart

I called John Burrows at Reboxx (978-568-9941) - there is a message on the answering service that essentially says that 1. they are still in business, but 2. they are in a ’transition stage’ - whatever that means, but are taking orders and to leave a message. (I think I heard the same message about 6 months ago)

best I can do Pierre, norm buckhart

On Jun 23, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@elgincarshops.com> wrote:

Has any one heard from the people at reboxx, lately.
I've had a large order with them for months now with no responses

--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

Pierre Oliver

I've had the exact same experience, was hoping for so much more from someone :-)

On 6/23/18 4:18 PM, Norm Buckhart wrote:
I called John Burrows at Reboxx (978-568-9941) - there is a message on the answering service that essentially says that 1. they are still in business, but 2. they are in a ’transition stage’ - whatever that means, but are taking orders and to leave a message. (I think I heard the same message about 6 months ago)

best I can do Pierre, norm buckhart

On Jun 23, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@elgincarshops.com> wrote:

Has any one heard from the people at reboxx, lately.
I've had a large order with them for months now with no responses

--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

Steve SANDIFER

I would like to obtain a copy of this photo suitable for reproduction. Does
anyone know where to look?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/The_Stillwell_Oyster_Car
_1897.jpg

J. Stephen Sandifer

John Burrows has not been with Reboxx for a number of years. I have been getting the
same message on the phone line as the others for several months and emails are not
returned also. I do hope this transition is going to end as I too have a large order I wish
to get.

Dan Smith

wm501jra

The last correspondence I had with them was in Sept 2016. Scott Barger replied to an email I sent about wheelsets in lengths 1.010 to 1.040. He indicated they would be placing a large order soon back then including sending a large order to a dealer near me. I don't believe the dealer received that order as I requested an email when they arrived. Hope somethings gets worked out soon!

Jeff Adams
Frederick, MD

Jared Harper

I did an order on their website and waited, and waited, and waited for months.  Finally I got an appologetic phone call.  He sent wheels but one package was the wrong kind.

Jared Harper

Tim O'Connor

I was just in Des Plaines Hobbies on Sunday, and they seem to have
every Reboxx wheel set in stock. If you have difficulty finding things
you can always try the full service hobby shops - there are still a few
of them out there!

Tim O'Connor

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 6/26/2018 10:24 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
I was just in Des Plaines Hobbies on Sunday, and they seem to have
every Reboxx wheel set in stock.

 Did you ask them for any information on Reboxx?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...>

The owner of Reboxx is a personal (beyond modeling) friend, and he has asked me to report that at the moment Reboxx is in an interim quiet period, and that it is NOT going out of business. The family member at the business end of the phone is now out of state.

Also at the moment, they are completely out of 33” wheel sets with 1.020, 1.025, and 1.030 axle lengths with no known date for replacement.

As side addendums, Reboxx’s long sharing of ownership with Intermountain has ended, and some recent uncertainties in Chinese production quality have taken a toll (problems all caught before sale).

Stay tuned…..

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

Pierre Oliver

Thanks Denny

On 6/27/18 11:39 AM, Denny Anspach wrote:
The owner of Reboxx is a personal (beyond modeling) friend, and he has asked me to report that at the moment Reboxx is in an interim quiet period, and that it is NOT going out of business. The family member at the business end of the phone is now out of state.

Also at the moment, they are completely out of 33” wheel sets with 1.020, 1.025, and 1.030 axle lengths with no known date for replacement.

As side addendums, Reboxx’s long sharing of ownership with Intermountain has ended, and some recent uncertainties in Chinese production quality have taken a toll (problems all caught before sale).

Stay tuned…..

Denny
Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

Norm Buckhart

Denny - I think some of us are interested in the cardboard model storage boxes - are they still doing that? Norm buckhart

On Jun 27, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@gmail.com> wrote:

The owner of Reboxx is a personal (beyond modeling) friend, and he has asked me to report that at the moment Reboxx is in an interim quiet period, and that it is NOT going out of business. The family member at the business end of the phone is now out of state.

Also at the moment, they are completely out of 33” wheel sets with 1.020, 1.025, and 1.030 axle lengths with no known date for replacement.

As side addendums, Reboxx’s long sharing of ownership with Intermountain has ended, and some recent uncertainties in Chinese production quality have taken a toll (problems all caught before sale).

Stay tuned…..

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

James Brewer

cardboard storage boxes for your steam era freight cars are also available from Spring Mills Depot....

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

On Jun 27, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

> The owner of Reboxx is a personal (beyond modeling) friend, and he has asked me to report that at the moment Reboxx is in an interim quiet period, and that it is NOT going out of business.  The family member at the business end of the  phone is now out of state.
>
> Also at the moment, they are completely out of 33” wheel sets with 1.020, 1.025, and 1.030 axle lengths with no known date for replacement.
>
> As side addendums, Reboxx’s long sharing of ownership with Intermountain has ended, and some recent uncertainties in Chinese production quality have taken a toll (problems all  caught before sale).
>
> Stay tuned…..
>
> Denny
>
> Denny S. Anspach MD
> Okoboji, IA

Tim O'Connor

John's email = jeburr1@...

I called John Burrows at Reboxx (978-568-9941) - there is a message on the answering service that essentially says that 1. they are still in business, but 2. they are in a transition stage - whatever that means, but are taking orders and to leave a message.  (I think I heard the same message about 6 months ago)
best I can do Pierre, norm buckhart

> Has any one heard from the people at reboxx, lately.
> I've had a large order with them for months now with no responses
> Pierre Oliver

wm501jra

FYI - I did not see them listed on their website.
Jeff Adams

wm501jra

Sorry folks, that was the Des Moines Hobby shop website! Still getting the hang of groups IO format.
Jeff Adams

Mark Stamm

Is there any update on Reboxx wheel sets?

Thanks
Mark

Mark Stamm

Dr Denny Anspach posted the update below in July anything new on the status of Reboxx? The Reboxx website now has a banner that says the webhost has suspended the site. Will we see a resurgence of Reboxx?

Snip