CB&Q X-28 question

Dave Nelson

Were the CB&Q X-28 design boxcars ever owned by either C&S or FW&D?  I know some X-26 cars were but I’ve not been able to find an answer for the X-28.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Nelson

Nelson Moyer

I don’t think so. Sunshine offered the XM-28 with CB&Q decals, but not C&S or FW&D decals. I’m in Collinsville away from my references at the moment.

Nelson Moyer

On Jul 20, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Dave Nelson <Lake_Muskoka@...> wrote:

Were the CB&Q X-28 design boxcars ever owned by either C&S or FW&D?  I know some X-26 cars were but I’ve not been able to find an answer for the X-28.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Nelson

William Hirt

Dave,

The answer is no. The XM-26 was the last single sheathed car for the subsidiaries. Their next boxcars were part of the XM-32 steel cars in the 1950s.

Bill Hirt

On 7/20/2018 12:37 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:

Were the CB&Q X-28 design boxcars ever owned by either C&S or FW&D?  I know some X-26 cars were but I’ve not been able to find an answer for the X-28.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson

Thanks for the answer!