Topics

Steve Hile's new book on UTLX

Tony Thompson

I have just received (and devoured) the new Speedwitch book on UTLX tank cars by Steve Hile. Marvelous book! I wrote a description and commentary for it and posted it to my blog. If you're interested, here is a link:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2018/08/terrific-new-book-on-freight-cars.html

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

David

I've been looking through my copy since Tuesday and agree, it is a welcome and immensely useful volume. My only quibble is the attribution of the high-walkway Ohio Cities Gas Co. tanks to Standard Tank Car; I believe the builder was Pennsylvania Tank car. That is a minor point (and a rather murky topic 100 years later) and in no way detracts from the work he did.

David Thompson

brianleppert@att.net

David,

Why do you think the Ohio Cities Gas Co.car was built by Pennsylvania Tank Car?

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV