Intermountain 40899

pennsylvania1954

Doug--We appreciate your coming on here and representing Intermountain with an encouraging heads-up.

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

Bill Welch

A couple of thoughts Doug, the first of which I mentioned to Gene F. at the Collinsville RPM: Please keep Undecorated kits in stock. I realize this is a small part of the market but people do still like modify, paint, decal and I think this strategy buys all sorts of goodwill for no cost.

Number Two: Please consider cutting the body tooling for the 10-ft IH car for cars with 7-ft and 8-foot doors. This would enlarge the number of factory painted and assembled models you could release and create more fodder for those that like to "roll their own."

Respectfully,
Bill Welch

Doug Dolloff

Gentleman,
     We have just molded those parts and hopefully we can get them in stock very soon.

Best regards,
Doug Dolloff
Senior Vice President
InterMountain Railway Co

On Aug 3, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Garth Groff <sarahsan@...> wrote:

Tim,

The item is not listed as in-stock at Intermountain and they have been caught in the Chinese closure mess. Check Des Plaines, Caboose, Klein and Walthers and other vendors. Somebody out there probably still has some.

I did the CMO and IC cars using Front Range bodies with the ends removed and Intermountain parts. That gave me diagonal panel roofs and some fairly decent ladders for my parts stock.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 8/3/18 10:17 AM, Tim Meyer wrote:
I am looking for at least 2 Intermountain 40899 modified 1937 boxcar kits. I plan on using them to make CNW riveted side PS 1 boxcars. I have the PS 1 parts.

Thanks
Tim Meyer
floridatenwheeler at verizon dot net

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>