Topics

MKT box car

Tim O'Connor

I thought I'd share this view of a filthy, but originally yellow
MKT box car, since I think this is one Bill Welch has been working
on recently..

Tim O'

Eric Hansmann

That's a nice weathering shot, Tim. The door seems to have been resheathed and painted recently. There also seems to be remnants of a paper door seal attached to the car sheathing just to the left of the door.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On August 13, 2018 at 6:51 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I thought I'd share this view of a filthy, but originally yellow
MKT box car, since I think this is one Bill Welch has been working
on recently..

Tim O'

Bill Welch

Here is the MKT model I have done using the Speedwitch kit. Paint is Badger Modelflex MKT Chrome Yellow applied w/Badger 155 AB at 20 psi. I will use this on the MKT War Emergency car I am building too.

Note the square brake staff on the "B" end.

Frankly I do not have the courage or will to weather my model to the extent the prototype photo Tim shared but will use it for pointers.

Bill Welch

Paul Doggett

That’s really nice Bill.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 14 Aug 2018, at 20:35, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Here is the MKT model I have done using the Speedwitch kit. Paint is Badger Modelflex MKT Chrome Yellow applied w/Badger 155 AB at 20 psi. I will use this on the MKT War Emergency car I am building too.

Note the square brake staff on the "B" end.

Frankly I do not have the courage or will to weather my model to the extent the prototype photo Tim shared but will use it for pointers.

Bill Welch

Attachments:

gary laakso

Wonderful model Bill!  What color paint did you use; it is a really fine color?

Gary Laakso

Here is the MKT model I have done using the Speedwitch kit. Paint is Badger Modelflex MKT Chrome Yellow applied w/Badger 155 AB at 20 psi. I will use this on the MKT War Emergency car I am building too.

Note the square brake staff on the "B" end.

Frankly I do not have the courage or will to weather my model to the extent the prototype photo Tim shared but will use it for pointers.

Bill Welch

Tim O'Connor

I noticed the brake staff! Have you said before where you found square rod
that size?

Tim O'

Here is the MKT model I have done using the Speedwitch kit. Paint is Badger Modelflex MKT Chrome Yellow applied w/Badger 155 AB at 20 psi. I will use this on the MKT War Emergency car I am building too.

Note the square brake staff on the "B" end.

Frankly I do not have the courage or will to weather my model to the extent the prototype photo Tim shared but will use it for pointers.

Bill Welch

Attachments:

Bill Welch

Kidney Puncher is the company and source—it is .019 steel.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Reread my message Gary please, painting info is right there.

Bill Welch

roblmclear

Really nice build Bill, would love one or two of those cars, wish Speedwitch would bring them out again.

Rob McLear
Aussie

tyesac@aol.com <tyesac@...>

Hear, hear, ditto that!

I realize that the supply chain in this hobby is geared towards low volume and one-off production runs, and that is particularly true for smaller resin kit enterprises where decals and casting capacity are often a limiting factor.

Makes me wonder however if their website could effective use a click counter to monitor interest in dormant kits to determine the demand to rerun kits after the first wave of orders peaked and the initial supply has expired.

Tom Casey