Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:39 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Whaling car

Reading some Dispatcher notes from Southern Railway dated 5/23/32. it reads "No. 65 picked up Pacific Whaling Car 601 from Elizabethton to Bristol in route to Marion, Virginia.  Anyone have a photo of a Pacific Whaling car?  Or know more about this?

George Courtney

Alexander Schneider Jr

Was it offered (presumably by another vendor ) in HO?

Alex Schneider

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:56 PM, Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
<claus@...> wrote:
Hi George,

I don't have any expert information on this, but perhaps the link below will provide a clue for further research...

Claus Schlund

Reading some Dispatcher notes from Southern Railway dated 5/23/32. it reads "No. 65 picked up Pacific Whaling Car 601 from Elizabethton to Bristol in route to Marion, Virginia.  Anyone have a photo of a Pacific Whaling car?  Or know more about this?

George Courtney

Douglas Harding

Check page 96 of Edward S. Kaminski's "Tank Cars--American Car & Foundry Company, 1865 to 1955" for a photo of APWX 7166 built September 1917 and lettered American Pacific Whaling Company.

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pacific_Whaling_Company

http://www.nakina.net/private/apwx.html

https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8z03ckh/entire_text/