Preco Mechanical Icing Machine

Bob Chaparro

This week I discovered that Preco made mechanical icing machines, as evidenced by the label on the machine in the photo:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IZsk7Dl1CQ8/V7ksZ2CB1WI/AAAAAAAANKo/aAxekuPw7Jw0MNp4a4DQ9OEf3kmVKFA6gCLcB/s1600/2001.1.20024.jpg

The Link Belt Company also made mechanical icing machines and related systems.  Unfortunately, when I contacted Link Belt, nobody knew that they had once been in that business and no material was available.

Does anyone know if there were other major players in the mechanical icing machine business?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Bob,

Are you familiar with these machines? Tony's book says Roseville had Preco machines. Taken by my late father, Glenn Groff, slide dated 4/66.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 8/29/18 1:10 PM, Bob Chaparro wrote:

This week I discovered that Preco made mechanical icing machines, as evidenced by the label on the machine in the photo:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IZsk7Dl1CQ8/V7ksZ2CB1WI/AAAAAAAANKo/aAxekuPw7Jw0MNp4a4DQ9OEf3kmVKFA6gCLcB/s1600/2001.1.20024.jpg

The Link Belt Company also made mechanical icing machines and related systems.  Unfortunately, when I contacted Link Belt, nobody knew that they had once been in that business and no material was available.

Does anyone know if there were other major players in the mechanical icing machine business?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

mopacfirst

I've been googling Preco, trying to see if it still exists and what it became.  So far, nothing obvious.  One in Latvia, one in aerospace composites that was founded too late, one in tooling and gaskets that was founded too late.

Ron Merrick

Peter Ness

Ron,

Try Pacific Railway Equipment Company, you will have better luck!

Peter Ness