Decal Set for Sunshine Models Kit No. 60.3 for Standard Brands Vinegar Tanker (Black Decals)

Schleigh Mike

Hello Group!

I recently discovered my long-ago-purchased Sunshine Models Kit No. 60.3 for Standard Brands Vinegar Tanker (Black Decals) only to find that no decals were inside.  Is there a chance one of you have an extra set to spare?  If not, can anyone suggest a source for these with the 'RR Roman' style lettering.  Failing any help, I will venture a note to Trisha Martin.

Thanking in advance for your consideration.

Mike Schleigh in Gro

Nelson Moyer

With respect to Trish Martin, you are very unlikely to receive any help. I found wrong and missing parts in four reefer kits purchased immediately before Martin passed away. His son was handling correspondence after his death, and he was unwilling to accept a return for a refund or replace the incorrect and missing parts. I wish I had kept his letter as an example of poor personal relationship skills and how not to conduct business. Last week, I ask Frank Hodina if Trish still had decals for the FGE or WFE postwar steel reefers (the ones for which Martin sent the wrong sides), and Frank told me in so many words not to even try. Anyone with Sunshine kit problems, and there are going to be many for the kits issued over the last year of business, is strictly on their own. I’m casting missing parts from using parts from kits purchased at an estate sale as masters (older merchandise when thing were going better) and using decals from other sources to try to save four reefer kits I purchased at the end of Sunshine. “There ain’t no Sunshine when he’s gone”.

Nelson Moyer

I recently discovered my long-ago-purchased Sunshine Models Kit No. 60.3 for Standard Brands Vinegar Tanker (Black Decals) only to find that no decals were inside.  Is there a chance one of you have an extra set to spare?  If not, can anyone suggest a source for these with the 'RR Roman' style lettering.  Failing any help, I will venture a note to Trisha Martin.

Thanking in advance for your consideration.

Mike Schleigh in Gro

Tony Thompson

Nelson is right. Don't even bother trying to get any help from Trisha. For whatever reason, she is not only unhelpful, she can be hostile. I thought I had gotten to know her and Charles, but after Martin passed, she became a different person.
Tony Thompson

On Sep 6, 2018, at 7:34 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

[...]

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Group,

Considering this rather sad thread, if anyone can provide a set, or a high resolution scan of a set (600dpi preferred but 300 would be workable) or prototype photos, I can produce a set.

It would be all new artwork as any photo or scanned image will not be in a vector format, which is necessary for good decal printing.

Cost? Probably around $20.00.

Time frame? Well, it will give you something to do around Thanksgiving.

John Hagen

OBS-CALS  your source for Obscure Decals

21050 George Hunt Cir, Apt 821

Waukesha, WI 53186

obs.cals@...

sprinthag@... (personal)

(262) 385-4450 (C)

(262) 395-4828 (H)

I recently discovered my long-ago-purchased Sunshine Models Kit No. 60.3 for Standard Brands Vinegar Tanker (Black Decals) only to find that no decals were inside.  Is there a chance one of you have an extra set to spare?  If not, can anyone suggest a source for these with the 'RR Roman' style lettering.  Failing any help, I will venture a note to Trisha Martin.

Thanking in advance for your consideration.

Mike Schleigh in Gro

robertb@smartchat.net.au

Mike,

I have a part of the set you require, in fact most of it. I bought one of these cars built up from Pierre Oliver of Elgin Car Shops/Yarmouth Model Works. When Pierre sent the model he also included the instructions, prototype data sheet and the the unused portion of the decal sheet. I've attached a scan.

If you're interested in it, let me know.

Regards,

Robert Bogie

Melbourne, Australia

I recently discovered my long-ago-purchased Sunshine Models Kit No. 60.3 for Standard Brands Vinegar Tanker (Black Decals) only to find that no decals were inside.  Is there a chance one of you have an extra set to spare?  If not, can anyone suggest a source for these with the 'RR Roman' style lettering.  Failing any help, I will venture a note to Trisha Martin.

Thanking in advance for your consideration.

Mike Schleigh in Gro

Bill Welch

Just to clear Trisha's last name is Lofton as in Trisha Lofton.

Bill Welch

charles slater

Of course it is, did I say something wrong?
Charlie

Sent from Outlook