From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Scott <repairman87@...>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 9:33 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Monon Decals

In Bills presentation of ARA boxcars he had some photos of some Monon cars.   One of the photos of a car had a large billboard "Hoosier Line" going across the top of the car.  It looks it has a reweight of 1954.  First when was this paint scheme used and second does anybody make decals for it?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Scott,

See Mont's decals here:

http://www.greatdecals.com/Switzer.htm#301n

Ordering information on the page.

The set you want is #301.  The earliest photo I have of a car with the white stripe scheme has a reweigh date of 6/52, the latest is  12/74; though I would ask Mont the question if that date is on the cusp for you.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

Here's a link to the decal sets that Mont offers for Monon cars. Unfortunately, there is no eMail address.

http://www.greatdecals.com/Switzer.htm

I used to model the Monon and can attest to the quality and research that he used in producing these. Set #301 covers the car that you were interested in.

Tim O'Connor

Mont was at MSwitzer@... as of a year ago

Tim O'

Here's a link to the decal sets that Mont offers for Monon cars. Unfortunately, there is no eMail address.

http://www.greatdecals.com/Switzer.htm

I used to model the Monon and can attest to the quality and research that he used in producing these. Set #301 covers the car that you were interested in.

Sterling, Massachusetts

mopacfirst

I've used the journal repack data set for years, still not through all of it.

Ron Merrick

Scott

Thanks everybody I will get some ordered up.

Scott McDonald

steve_wintner

Bills presentation leaves me a bit unclear on the ladders he used for this car, but I note Yarmouth's etched 16" 7 rung stiles look about right.

Steve

Bill Welch

I used the kit ladders but replaced the rungs w/0.010 styrene rod for Plastruct.

Bill Welch