AM I LOSING IT?

WILLIAM PARDIE

I have a very vivid recollection of plans (and an article) of a PFE R-40-4 refer that appeared in a RMC issue in the 80’s or 90’s.
The cover of this issue as I recall had a collage of items (including a John Allen character) in some sort af aniversity issue.
I have combed the site that indexes the RMC issues and this cover does not appear. This was not one fo the issues that had
Tony Thompson’s excellent series on PFE.

Does anyone else recall this or is it a Pigment of m imagination?

Thanks:

Bill Pardie

Benjamin Hom

Bill Pardie hyperventilated:
"I have a very vivid recollection of plans (and an article) of a PFE R-40-4 refer that appeared in a RMC issue in the 80’s or 90’s.
The cover of this issue as I recall had a collage of items (including a John Allen character) in some sort [of] [anniversary] issue.
I have combed the site that indexes the RMC issues and this cover does not appear.  This was not one [of] the issues that had
Tony Thompson’s excellent series on PFE.

Does anyone else recall this or is it a Pigment of my imagination?"

Not sure what color palette your imagination operates in...
Railroad Model Craftsman, March 1983.  The article you're looking for is Bob Mohowski's "End of the Ice Age - PFE reefers" on page 71.

Ben Hom

Pete Ismail

Sounds like it could be the March 1983 RMC?

Pete Ismail

On Monday, November 12, 2018, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

I have a very vivid recollection of plans (and an article) of a PFE R-40-4 refer that appeared in a RMC issue in the 80’s or 90’s.
The cover of this issue as I recall had a collage of items (including a John Allen character) in some sort af aniversity issue.
I have combed the site that indexes the RMC issues and this cover does not appear.  This was not one fo the issues that had
Tony Thompson’s excellent series on PFE.

Does anyone else recall this or is it a Pigment of m imagination?

Thanks:

Bill Pardie

Tim O'Connor

and don't forget the March 1987 issue RMC about PFE rebuilds

Sounds like it could be the March 1983 RMC?
Pete Ismail

On Monday, November 12, 2018, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@... > wrote:

I have a very vivid recollection of plans (and an article) of a PFE R-40-4 refer that appeared in a RMC issue in the 80’s or 90’s. The cover of this issue as I recall had a collage of items (including a John Allen character) in some sort af aniversity issue. I have combed the site that indexes the RMC issues and this cover does not appear.  This was not one fo the issues that had Tony Thompson’s excellent series on PFE.
Does anyone else recall this or is it a Pigment of m imagination?
Thanks:
Bill Pardie

Sterling, Massachusetts

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks Ben and others.  Glad you appreciate humor Ben.

Bill