Topics

NC&StL Flat - With Load

Kemal Mumcu

Tichy flat car pretty much built stock with brass bits added instead of kit supplied styrene stuff. I realized as I was decaling the car and that it should probably have AB brakes. Does anyone know when these cars got AB brakes?

Painted (rattle can) with Montana "Warrior Brown".

Load represents used equipment move. Woodland Scenics white metal kit.

Colin Meikle

O Fenton Wells

Well done, Lovely finish and load.  Thanks for sharing
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Paul Doggett

Good looking car and load.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 17 Nov 2018, at 15:44, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Well done, Lovely finish and load.  Thanks for sharing
Fenton

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 10:36 AM Kemal Mumcu via Groups.Io <kemal_mumcu=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Tichy flat car pretty much built stock with brass bits added instead of kit supplied styrene stuff. I realized as I was decaling the car and that it should probably have AB brakes. Does anyone know when these cars got AB brakes?

Painted (rattle can) with Montana "Warrior Brown".

Load represents used equipment move. Woodland Scenics white metal kit.

Colin Meikle

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

gtws00

Nicely done! Nice to see some flats with loads.
Thanks for Sharing
George Toman

James E Kubanick

I really like what you've done with both kits. The tie-downs look right, too.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Saturday, November 17, 2018, 1:34:33 PM EST, gtws00 via Groups.Io <gtws00@...> wrote:

Nicely done! Nice to see some flats with loads.
Thanks for Sharing
George Toman

Bruce Smith

​Colin,

Very nice car. The number is correct for the second series of NC&StL cars which had KC brakes (the first series had KD). Look as I could, I did not find any information on the date of conversion of these cars to AB brakes.

The load and blocking look great. I've seen Insley equipment in either yellow, or their very distinctive orange.

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

Tichy flat car pretty much built stock with brass bits added instead of kit supplied styrene stuff. I realized as I was decaling the car and that it should probably have AB brakes. Does anyone know when these cars got AB brakes?

Painted (rattle can) with Montana "Warrior Brown".

Load represents used equipment move. Woodland Scenics white metal kit.

Colin Meikle

radiodial868

I really like those Tichy (ex-Gould) models and the Ertl RTR versions, and have all the road names that Richard Hendrickson said were appropriate. For the NC&StL the only reference he made was that by the late 1940's only 117 remained in revenue service, all the rest had become MoW. As to when your 70200 series would have changed from KC brakes is up in the air, but flatcars rarely got love and may have never got AB brakes until either being pulled from interchange in the early 1950's or put into MOW \with the KCs intact.
RJ Dial
Burlingame, CA