PFE R-40-24 REFER ARTICLE

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks again to those who responded to my question on the PFE R-30-4 article in the Railroad Model Craftsman from the 1980's.  I have one more question Concerning an article from the same time frame on modeling the PFE R-40-14 aluminium cars #
45698 and 44749.  Thanks again for your help.

Bill Pardie

Allan Smith

The February 1987 RMC has an article by Thompson & Hendrickson named PFE Ice Reefers Steel Cars
 Pages 86 thru 95 There is a photo of 44739 on page 88

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎November‎ ‎28‎, ‎2018‎ ‎05‎:‎11‎:‎46‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PST, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Thanks again to those who responded to my question on the PFE R-30-4 article in the Railroad Model Craftsman from the 1980's.  I have one more question Concerning an article from the same time frame on modeling the PFE R-40-14 aluminium cars #
45698 and 44749.  Thanks again for your help.

Bill Pardie

brianleppert@att.net

Bill,

What you might be looking for is entitled "Kitbashing White Elephants" by G.J. Michels, Jr. in the April 1996 RMC.  It covers InterMountain reefer kits and PFE 45698 and 44739 aluminum reefers.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV