From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:25 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Layout tour video

The other day a friend took a video of my layout. Plenty of freights cars  ;  ))

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2oBDhadv8

Clark Propst

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks for sharing Clark.  Very inspirstional.

Bill Parddie

Very nice, Clark. Track seems a bit slippery – probably weeds on the rails. Have you had any trouble with static grass getting into your loco bearings/drive train?  I appreciate the multiple bulk oil dealers and grain elevators. Good stuff!

J. Stephen Sandifer

Von: "Clark Propst" <cepropst@q.com>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: [RealSTMFC] Layout tour video
The other day a friend took a video of my layout. Plenty of freights cars  ;  ))

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2oBDhadv8

Clark Propst

Clark Propst

(I just wonder why the engine has trouble with just 8 cars...!?)
 Johannes

Simple answer was too much graphite on the rails. Great for enhancing conductivity, but effects traction.
Clark Propst

Jack Mullen

Clark said:  Simple answer was too much graphite on the rails.

C'mon, Clark, you can do better than that. Prototype modelers need prototypical excuses. How about:
  • Wet rails
  • Oily rails
  • Frost on the rails
  • Leaves on the rails