Layout tour video

Clark Propst

The other day a friend took a video of my layout. Plenty of freights cars  ;  ))

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2oBDhadv8

Clark Propst

Steve SANDIFER

Very nice, Clark. Track seems a bit slippery – probably weeds on the rails. Have you had any trouble with static grass getting into your loco bearings/drive train?  I appreciate the multiple bulk oil dealers and grain elevators. Good stuff!

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:25 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Layout tour video

The other day a friend took a video of my layout. Plenty of freights cars  ;  ))

Clark Propst

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks for sharing Clark.  Very inspirstional.

Bill Parddie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/2/18 6:52 PM (GMT-10:00)
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Layout tour video

Very nice, Clark. Track seems a bit slippery – probably weeds on the rails. Have you had any trouble with static grass getting into your loco bearings/drive train?  I appreciate the multiple bulk oil dealers and grain elevators. Good stuff!

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:25 PM

Clark Propst

Bob Chaparro

In addition to the excellent execution, I found about half a dozen mini-scenes I could replicate that otherwise never would have occurred to me. Thanks.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Chuck Cover

Clark,

Great video and layout.  What especially caught my eye is the beautiful way you did the backdrop, really exceptional the way it blended off into the distance.  Also glad you had a PRR boxcar in the consist. 😊

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Tony Thompson

Clark Propst wrote:

Nicely done video, excellent scenery rendition. Thanks for sharing the video, Clark.

Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Clark Propst

Track seems a bit slippery – probably weeds on the rails. Have you had any trouble with static grass getting into your loco bearings/drive train?  I appreciate the multiple bulk oil dealers and grain elevators. 

J. Stephen Sandifer

Actually, it's because I over did  using stick graphite by 
scrubbing on as if I were cleaning the rails. I need to clean the rails and only add dashes here and therConduct well, but effects traction. I've never looked inside any engines. I vacuum well during and after grass application. As far as the structures go I'm just modeling what was there.

Thanks for all your comments, I'll be talking about the layout at the CCB RPM.

Clark Propst

Nelson Moyer

I’ve watched the video several times, and it provides the motivation I’ve lacked to start working on my branch line scenery. Well done, Clark.

Nelson Moyer

Paul Doggett

Thanks for sharing.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

On 3 Dec 2018, at 17:16, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

Track seems a bit slippery – probably weeds on the rails. Have you had any trouble with static grass getting into your loco bearings/drive train?  I appreciate the multiple bulk oil dealers and grain elevators. 

J. Stephen Sandifer

Actually, it's because I over did  using stick graphite by 
scrubbing on as if I were cleaning the rails. I need to clean the rails and only add dashes here and therConduct well, but effects traction. I've never looked inside any engines. I vacuum well during and after grass application. As far as the structures go I'm just modeling what was there.

Thanks for all your comments, I'll be talking about the layout at the CCB RPM.

Clark Propst

Peter Ness

Thanks for sharing Clark! Looks (and runs)  great!

Peter Ness

Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 8:25 PM

Clark Propst

Richard Wilkens

Clark,

I'm more into prototype freight car history then modeling but that is a very nice layout.

Rich Wilkens

Rossiter, Mark W <Mark.Rossiter@...>

Very nice modeling Clark.  The treatment of your roads blending into the backdrop is very effective.  Among the best I have ever seen!

Mark Rossiter 

gtws00

Nicely Done Clark. Your scenery and structures are so natural looking, A good home for all your freight cars.
Thanks for sharing
George Toman

vapeurchapelon

Wow! This looks VERY good. Especially the grass between the rails makes for a perfect branchline appearence.
(I just wonder why the engine has trouble with just 8 cars...!?)

Many thanks for sharing this video.

Johannes

Gesendet: Montag, 03. Dezember 2018 um 02:25 Uhr
Von: "Clark Propst" <cepropst@q.com>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: [RealSTMFC] Layout tour video

Clark Propst

Clark Propst

(I just wonder why the engine has trouble with just 8 cars...!?)
 Johannes

Simple answer was too much graphite on the rails. Great for enhancing conductivity, but effects traction.
Clark Propst

Jack Mullen

Clark said:  Simple answer was too much graphite on the rails.

C'mon, Clark, you can do better than that. Prototype modelers need prototypical excuses. How about:
  • Wet rails
  • Oily rails
  • Frost on the rails
  • Leaves on the rails
  • Army worms on the rails
  • Mayflies on the rails
  • Kids greased the rails as a prank
Jack Mullen