From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2018 8:10 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Transformer Load

Hi Jim and List Members,

The site Jim referenced https://catalog.archives.gov/ has some cool railroad photos. See below for a Clinchfeld USRA single sheathed boxcar.

Claus Schlund

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

Doesn’t have the weight stenciled in yet.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 10:49 AM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Clinchfield SS USRA boxcar

Interesting photo.  I’m wondering about the “board” immediately above the side sill.  It appears a different tone.  Is it just a different width filler board, a floor board, or does it serve another function?  I don’t recall noticing anything like this at the bottom of side sheathing on a USRA car in the past.

Rob