Topics

Rare M&StL box car footage

Clark Propst

Above is a link to a short video sent to me by Jason Klocke. I’ve built a couple models of the M&StL 52000 series box cars before using Ertl models with DW ends having only a photo snow covered car shot from an odd angle as a guide. Gene Green sent me the AFE file on them and some ‘detail’ photos he took of a car that survived as a shed somewhere. These cars were built in 42 on xCNW 16000 series reefer underframes with a carbody built like USRA DS cars with Dreadnaught ends.  I’ve always wondered if these cars had fishbelly underframes and by the looks of it they did. Happy me. Now I want to get some Westerfield USRA flat kits to build some more  ;  ))

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Paul Doggett

Clark

An excellent little film.

Paul Doggett

On 6 Jan 2019, at 15:25, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

Above is a link to a short video sent to me by Jason Klocke. I’ve built a couple models of the M&StL 52000 series box cars before using Ertl models with DW ends having only a photo snow covered car shot from an odd angle as a guide. Gene Green sent me the AFE file on them and some ‘detail’ photos he took of a car that survived as a shed somewhere. These cars were built in 42 on xCNW 16000 series reefer underframes with a carbody built like USRA DS cars with Dreadnaught ends.  I’ve always wondered if these cars had fishbelly underframes and by the looks of it they did. Happy me. Now I want to get some Westerfield USRA flat kits to build some more  ;  ))

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Bill Welch

Thank you for sharing this Clark. Looks like a set of Detail West 4/4 Dreadnaught ends would be an ideal fit. Wonder it Andrew would be interested in doing these as a kit. I could furnish him the ends I think if he will. Nice variation.

Bill Welch

gtws00

Great short film.
Thanks for sharing
George Toman

O Fenton Wells

Even not growing up there I can see why you model it Clark, thanks for sharing.
Fenton

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 12:55 PM gtws00 via Groups.Io <gtws00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Great short film.
Thanks for sharing