Topics

New RCW kit - 1937 GN wood-sheathed boxcars

Eric Hansmann

Resin Car Works has released an HO scale kit for an iconic Great Northern boxcar. 8000 prototype cars were built between 1937 and 1942. More details can be found in the latest Resin Car Works blog post.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/new-kit-release-2/

Eric Hansmann
RCW web guy

Walter Cox

Will any dealers have these cars for sale at the West Springfield, Ma  show Jan 26th &27th.
Walt

In a message dated 1/11/2019 6:57:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, eric@... writes:

Resin Car Works has released an HO scale kit for an iconic Great Northern boxcar. 8000 prototype cars were built between 1937 and 1942. More details can be found in the latest Resin Car Works blog post.. 26 &27

http://blog.resincarworks.com/new-kit-release-2/

Eric Hansmann
RCW web guy

Donald B. Valentine

Unless things have changed Resin Car Works will not sell through dealers unless
the dealer pays full price plus shipping. Not much sense for a dealer to do that.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Eric Hansmann

Direct sales only for Resin Car Works kits. Visit the website. Print out the PDF order form. Complete the form with your mailing info and kit needs. Mail the form to Frank with your payment enclosed. It's old school mail order style.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On January 11, 2019 at 10:58 PM "Walter Cox via Groups.Io" <WaltGCox@...> wrote:

Will any dealers have these cars for sale at the West Springfield, Ma  show Jan 26th &27th.
Walt

In a message dated 1/11/2019 6:57:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, eric@... writes:

Resin Car Works has released an HO scale kit for an iconic Great Northern boxcar. 8000 prototype cars were built between 1937 and 1942. More details can be found in the latest Resin Car Works blog post.. 26 &27

http://blog.resincarworks.com/new-kit-release-2/

Eric Hansmann
RCW web guy

Bruce Griffin

Group,

i know little to nothing about the GN freight car fleet. I do know GN boxcars where present in 1950 serving a large flour mill on my modeled portion of the B&O. Photos show steel sheathed boxcars. It seems likely that many of these 8,000 cars served in grain service in 1950. Is that a good assumption?

Maybe it is a dumb question, but I just want to confirm that these cars stayed in clean service for at least ten years. It is a nice looking model and I want to make sure my local freight has some period correct cars for grain service. Thank you for the input.

Best Regards,
Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/

Robert Heninger

Bruce,

Yes, these cars are appropriate for serving your flour mill. Buy the kit and enjoy it. It's a beauty.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND