Need FGE Book!

John Sykes III

Not specifically aimed at Tony Thompson, but . . . the model railroading community really needs an FGE reference book.  Similar but smaller than the PFE book.  There is John White's GYF work out there, but there are only a total of 3 or 4 pages devoted to FGE.  I understand that at one point Richard Hendrickson was working on an FGE book but put the project aside.  I do not have the skills or resources to even think about such a project, but someone out there must.  How about the ACL/SAL/Southern bunch?  Uncle Joe?

-- John

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

It was well along.  Patrick O'Boyle, the author died. Somebody else has his materials and the start of the book.

Al Kresse

On January 12, 2019 at 5:11 PM "John Sykes III via Groups.Io" <johnsykesiii@...> wrote:

Not specifically aimed at Tony Thompson, but . . . the model railroading community really needs an FGE reference book.  Similar but smaller than the PFE book.  There is John White's GYF work out there, but there are only a total of 3 or 4 pages devoted to FGE.  I understand that at one point Richard Hendrickson was working on an FGE book but put the project aside.  I do not have the skills or resources to even think about such a project, but someone out there must.  How about the ACL/SAL/Southern bunch?  Uncle Joe?

-- John

Scott H. Haycock

John,

Bill Welch is working on this book.

Scott Haycock

On January 12, 2019 at 3:11 PM "John Sykes III via Groups.Io" <johnsykesiii@...> wrote:

Not specifically aimed at Tony Thompson, but . . . the model railroading community really needs an FGE reference book.  Similar but smaller than the PFE book.  There is John White's GYF work out there, but there are only a total of 3 or 4 pages devoted to FGE.  I understand that at one point Richard Hendrickson was working on an FGE book but put the project aside.  I do not have the skills or resources to even think about such a project, but someone out there must.  How about the ACL/SAL/Southern bunch?  Uncle Joe?

-- John

Tony Thompson

Not true about Boyle. Pat had only collected some material. Rumor naturally expanded this to “well along.”
The book is coming down the road from Bill Welch, and it will be impressive.
Tony Thompson

On Jan 12, 2019, at 5:18 PM, Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@...> wrote:

John,

Bill Welch is working on this book.

Scott Haycock

On January 12, 2019 at 3:11 PM "John Sykes III via Groups.Io" <johnsykesiii@...> wrote:

Not specifically aimed at Tony Thompson, but . . . the model railroading community really needs an FGE reference book.  Similar but smaller than the PFE book.  There is John White's GYF work out there, but there are only a total of 3 or 4 pages devoted to FGE.  I understand that at one point Richard Hendrickson was working on an FGE book but put the project aside.  I do not have the skills or resources to even think about such a project, but someone out there must.  How about the ACL/SAL/Southern bunch?  Uncle Joe?

-- John

Nelson Moyer

I hope it’s not too far ‘down the road’ or I won’t live to see it. Soon would be better.

Nelson Moyer

[...]

Rob M.

Not sure that Pat O'Boyle had volumes of FGEX material but what he did offer in O scale brass freight cars was pretty impressive in the fidelity arena for the time period and still well sought after.   Sadly he didn't live to see his FGEX reefers, X25 Box cars or USRA single sheathed full variant projects to fruition.   Considering some of these offerings dated to the mid to late 1980's such as his as-built USRA single and double sheathed cars, they were pretty accurate models.

Anyway,   If Bill's book. which has been mentioned a few times in the past,  offers even a fraction more than his Keystone Modeler special on FGE cars it will be well worth the wait.

Rob Mondichak