Topics

DW composite GS gon FS

Clark Propst

A friend found a Details West composite side GS gon kit in his stash. It's complete, without decals. If anyone would like to buy it PLEASE contact me off list at:
cepropst@q.com

Thanks,
CW Propst

Pierre Oliver

And if anyone wants more than one, I have 6 to sell after Clark sells his

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 1/29/19 5:47 p.m., Clark Propst wrote:

A friend found a Details West composite side GS gon kit in his stash. It's complete, without decals. If anyone would like to buy it PLEASE contact me off list at:
cepropst@q.com

Thanks,
CW Propst

Benjamin Hom

Clark Prost wrote:
"A friend found a Details West composite side GS gon kit in his stash. It's complete, without decals."

Details West, or Detail Associates?  As built or with the extended sides for beet service?

Ben Hom
_._,_._,_

Bill Welch

I am sure you meant "Detail Associates" Clark

Bill Welch

Bill Keene

Hello Clark & Pierre,

What are the specific prototypes of the Detail Associates (assuming that is what is meant and not Details West) composite GS gons?

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 29, 2019, at 2:47 PM, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

A friend found a Details West composite side GS gon kit in his stash. It's complete, without decals. If anyone would like to buy it PLEASE contact me off list at:
cepropst@q.com

Thanks,
CW Propst

Pierre Oliver

The Details Associates composite gon is described as a SP and UP prototype, with similar cars built for WP, D&RGW, IC, GN, NP, MILW and SP&S

On 1/29/19 6:10 p.m., Bill Keene via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Clark & Pierre,

What are the specific prototypes of the Detail Associates (assuming that is what is meant and not Details West) composite GS gons?

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 29, 2019, at 2:47 PM, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

A friend found a Details West composite side GS gon kit in his stash. It's complete, without decals. If anyone would like to buy it PLEASE contact me off list at:
cepropst@q.com

Thanks,
CW Propst

mopacfirst

How similar is this one?

https://www.lakestatesarchive.org/Ed-Wilkommen-Collection/Freight-Cars/i-qddzp3c/A

Yes, steel replacement sides, and a different end, but overall size and appearance.

Ron Merrick

Tim O'Connor

And this is what became of many of the drop doors from Rock Island General Service gondolas.
These doors used to be sold separately as detail parts by Detail Associates.

:-)

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*