Topics

Brake mounting

Eric Lombard

Hello Everyone... from marginally warmer Chicagoland,

Can someone enlighten me/us as to the final date on which brake beams suspended from the car body were no longer accepted for interchange? I have found a date, 1/1/1909, on which brake beams were banned from body-suspended mounting for new equipment.

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

Jeff Coleman

I don't know the date hanger type brake beams were outlawed but it was well past the cutoff date of this group. I remember working on these in the late 1970's.

Jeff Coleman