From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Benjamin Hom
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 5:00 PM
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Throwback Thursday: Westerfield

Railroad Model Craftsman, October 1982 issue, ad for the first four offerings from Westerfield.

Ben Hom

Larry Wolohon

For what it's worth, I have built at least 30 Westerfield freight cars through the years, some F&C cars & Sunshine models. When I attended the NMRA National Conventions, Al Westerfield was there, giving clinic on Friday, before the Train Show. Al always had a resin freight car kit from the convention's host city, like in 1986, he had the B&A USRA steel boxcar copies. I was always amazed in how much time & effort Al put into his models. I liked his models because they seemed to be rather accurate & how well they went together.

I have switched to O scale 2 rail & have built an F&C NYC USRA steel gondola rebuild, a Southern Car & Foundry CP mini boxcar. I have some other Southern Car & F. models to build.

Larry Wolohon

On February 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@usace.army.mil> wrote:

Thanks much for that, Ben!

My first resin kit was the Westy PRR G22. I built it into a late-era MW car in yellow. I did the lettering individually; what a labor of love!

Elden Gatwood