vertically mounted Klasing power hand brake

Chuck Cover

Group,

I have a Sunshine Models 40’ Mather boxcar kit that is missing the vertically mounted Klasing power hand brake.  I think a version of that brake also came with the Red Caboose Mather reefer kits .  Does anyone have an extra one or can tell me where to purchase one?

Thanks

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Owen Thorne

Chuck,
Is this the vertically mounted Klasing brake you are seeking? If so I have one I will send you.

Owen Thorne

Chuck Cover

Owen,

The one pictured is not the variety of Klasing that I am looking for.  The one you show is made by Resin Car Works.

The Klasing on the Mather boxcars looks very much like a standard vertical brake that is turned from up on the roof, but there is a mechanism just below the ridge line that the vertical rod goes into.  Probably not explaining it correctly.  Take a look at some of your Red Caboose Mather reefer cars or a proto 2000 Mather boxcar for an example.

Ops here later today.

Chuck

Is this the vertically mounted Klasing brake you are seeking? If so I have one I will send you.

Owen Thorne

David

That would be the Klasing horizontal power brake wheel that Resin Car Works includes with the GN composite box kit, as shown at the bottom of this page:
http://resincarworks.com/extras/extras_kit11-01_GN_xm_1937wood.htm

David Thompson