Topics

Decals for Tank cars

gary laakso

American Scale Models has tank car decals left over from brass model imports, including Richard Hendrickson’s Western Asphalt:

http://americanscalemodels.com/HO?product_id=1934

While I have ordered brass parts from ASM, I have not ordered decals.

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mick Brock

Tony Thompson

gary laakso wrote:

American Scale Models has tank car decals left over from brass model imports, including Richard Hendrickson’s Western Asphalt:

   Notice however that their original ERROR remains, to make the reporting marks COLX instead of the correct CDLX for California Dispatch Line. The prototype "D" is kind of rounded, no doubt the source of the mistake, but it's a mistake nevertheless.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Tim O'Connor

Here's one solution - model it as a PATCHED tank car. This one got Roman reporting marks. :-)

On 2/3/2019 1:07 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
gary laakso wrote:

American Scale Models has tank car decals left over from brass model imports, including Richard Hendrickson’s Western Asphalt:

   Notice however that their original ERROR remains, to make the reporting marks COLX instead of the correct CDLX for California Dispatch Line. The prototype "D" is kind of rounded, no doubt the source of the mistake, but it's a mistake nevertheless.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts