Topics

Trix Stock Cars--was MORE ON NORTHERN PACIFIC STOCK CARS

StephenK

I also modified Trix hoppers and have a nice train of a dozen cars.   I have also rebuilt the underframes on a half dozen CA-3s, and a few boxcars.   I skipped the Speedwitch underbody (which I know is accurate -- http://speedwitchmedia.com/product/p105-union-pacific-welded-underframe-for-box-cars/ ) and went for the easier/cheaper but not quite accurate Accurail 40' underframe -- http://www.accurail.com/accurail/art/Details/106.jpg .   On the boxcar it fits with only a few swipes of a file, and the car and couplers ride at the correct height.   Assuming the stock car is using the same Trix underframe as the boxcar, this would be a good choice.   The Speedwitch part is correct for boxcars, but I doubt it is correct for the stock cars.

Steve Kay

mopacfirst

Hadn't thought of that, in fact I haven't torn into this car.  I'm only going to do one.  But if there's a height issue with the car, that would definitely be easier.

Ron Merrick

Bryian Sones

Steve,

I did the same for my Trix/Marklini U.P. Stock Cars. The Acurail underframe lines up fairly well with very light sanding. For the Trix/Marklin U.P.  Box cars I use the Speedwitch underframes.

Regards,

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA