Topics

Seeking Help On An SP Auto Car

WILLIAM PARDIE

I posted this question a short time back an it is p mb e of the very few times that I did not receive a response.  I am doing a Sunshine kit of a Southern Pacific A-50-16 40' auto car.  It has been in my pipeline for a while.

This is a good thing as I assembled  the body with a flat panel roof.  I recently learned that the car needed a diagonal panel roof and Andy Carlson came to my rescue.  I remember receiving some information earlier that the kit under frame was not correct.  Can anyone direct me to some accurate information an the under frame (cross members and appliance) layout.

I hope to have better luck this time.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Tim O'Connor

Bill as far as I know, the cars had rectangular panel roofs. This one does.

Tim

On 2/12/2019 9:10 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:

I posted this question a short time back an it is p mb e of the very few times that I did not receive a response.  I am doing a Sunshine kit of a Southern Pacific A-50-16 40' auto car.  It has been in my pipeline for a while.

This is a good thing as I assembled  the body with a flat panel roof.  I recently learned that the car needed a diagonal panel roof and Andy Carlson came to my rescue.  I remember receiving some information earlier that the kit under frame was not correct.  Can anyone direct me to some accurate information an the under frame (cross members and appliance) layout.

Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

gary laakso

What is the very unusual load in the gondola in the picture?  Think rolled steel?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:26 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Seeking Help On An SP Auto Car

Tim

Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

mopacfirst

It looks like panels of woven reinforcing wire, used for pavement.

Ron Merrick

Tim O'Connor

Gary

I think it is steel "mesh" - commonly used to reinforce cast concrete. The
material is steel wire laid out in a grid, so the pieces are very flexible
even when stacked up like that

On 2/13/2019 12:14 PM, gary laakso wrote:

What is the very unusual load in the gondola in the picture?  Think rolled steel?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor

Tim

Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

gary laakso

Tim:

Thank you very much for the information! 

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:31 AM

Gary

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Tim

Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Schuyler Larrabee

At least in New England, it’s called WWF, for Welded Wire Fabric.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of gary laakso
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:06 PM

Tim:

Thank you very much for the information! 

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:31 AM

Gary

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Tim

Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts