Signaling item

Tony Thompson

Signals controlled movements of freight cars, right? My need is for a Century Foundry HO dwarf signal kit. If anyone has one they can spare, name your price and I’ll pay shipping.

Tony Thompson

On Feb 19, 2019, at 11:58 AM, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

I spent this morning—my 73rd Birthday—cutting into a perfectly fine model. Shortly after purchasing the Funaro & Camerlengo kit #8292 to model a Reading XAd autocar, I started looking for photos to support building the kit and found a photo at "Bob's" of RDG 18867. It interested me because the left door was a replacement 7-panel Superior door. As I built the kit a voice kept telling to build my model with that door but it was only when I was almost finished did I pull the trigger. As the first photo shows I drilled a series of holes inside the door frame and then used the drill as a router to completely cut the door free. Then I filed what was left up do the four sides of the door frame and then used the cut out area to begin getting a small slab of 0.040 sheet styrene to make a new door. Next step will be to sort out the location of the door ribs. I did mange to nick the frame in a few places with the drill bit I will repair these nicks with styrene. I have to admit I like personalizing or putting my own signature on the models I build.

Bill Welch
<New Reading Door I.JPG>
<New Reading Door II.JPG>
<New Reading Door III.JPG>

Todd Sullivan

Hi Bill,

Happy Birthday, too!

For Century Foundry signals, try this link:

Todd Sullivan.

Charles Tapper

Showcase Miniatures has pictures of that dwarf, formerly Century Foundry,  but I cannot ascertain if it is stock.

Charlie Tapper

On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:33 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry Smith

Just got a message from showcase minatures.  They are in stock and are kept in stock.  Call them and they will ship asap.

Larry Smith

Larry Smith wrote:

Just got a message from showcase minatures.  They are in stock and are kept in stock.  Call them and they will ship asap.

   Thank you, Larry, good to know for that whole range.         Tony