Books and Magazines

Allen Montgomery

My father, James Montgomery, 81, has been a lifelong rail nut. Why do you think my infection is so bad? He has amassed 1000's of issues of every magazine about railroading, going back to 1912 as far as I've seen. He had a website buying and selling them, but those days are over. He is currently undergoing treatment for cancer and has decided to down size into a smaller home. So, my inheritance  consists of truck load after truck load of books and magazines, most of which I don't have room for. Maybe if I took down my home layout and put in floor to ceiling book shelves, I might have a chance. But who wants to do that? My extra bedroom is already the library and I'm trying to figure out how I can put another layout around the room over the book shelves.
So, I would like to judge just how much demand there is for what seems to me, to be some fairly rare stuff. At least from a west coasters perspective. I've decided to keep everything that pertains to western railroading until I can read through it and keep the best stuff. The rest is up for grabs.
Any of you easterners have a desire for a series on logging railroads of Pennsylvania and Maryland?

I have books 1, 5-9 on Pennsylvania and two copies of 'Tall Pines and Winding Rivers', about Maryland. All are in great condition. There's a ton of photos in them of turn of the century freight cars, so Mike, don't be too mad at me. Here's one that I've never seen before in the attachment below.
If any of you have been looking for an issue from some obscure magazine and haven't found it, let me know. I might come across it in one of these truck loads.
Allen Montgomery

Marty McGuirk

Allen,

If no one else has expressed any interest, I'd be interested in the series on Pennsylvania and Maryland logging railroads.

Marty McGuirk

On February 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM "Allen Montgomery via Groups.Io" <sandbear75@...> wrote:

[...]

I'll send you an email tomorrow with more detail as I'm snowbound at home and doing this on my phone.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 10:40 AM, Marty McGuirk
<mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave Boss

Hello Allen
                  I've been looking for some of those logging in Pa. books. I'm particularly interested in the volume or volumes on the logging operations in Warren,and Forest counties in Pa. The exact volume number escapes me but if you have one, I would be interested in it  Thank you Dave

On February 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM "Allen Montgomery via Groups.Io" <sandbear75=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

The books in that series by Tom Taber and by Ben Kline have been reprinted at least once but remain difficult to find.  The books by Walt Casler have not been reprinted and probably never will be reprinted.  There is also an Index volume for the series.  It is almost impossible to find.  I am lucky to have the entire series including the index.

anthony wagner

A looong time ago RR Museum of Pennsylvania at Strasburg used to sell them. Haven't been there in a decade and a half. Tony Wagner