From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
<main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of A&Y Dave
in MD
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:45 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Weekend paint and decal
project

Friday night, I had some leftover Tru Color paint
in my airbrush cup after painting my pulp racks,
so I pulled out an Ertl low side gon project car,
removed trucks and deck, then painted it black. I
had a steam era image from 1929 showing a Southern
gondola during construction work at Duke
University. So I put together some graphics in
Adobe Illustrator to match on Sunday and printed
the decal sheet. Tonight I applied the decals. I
was in too much of a hurry and screwed up the E,
but I managed to finish the whole car on all
sides. I added Tahoe trucks and I need to replace
some grabs and stirrup steps, but I think it came
out decent. Next one will have corner gussets,
vertical brake wheel, scale couplers, and proper K
brakes. But at least now I have one more example
for my presentation on Ghost White decals at the
Greensburg RPM meet. See you at my talk 4pm
Saturday. The car will be on display.

Dave Bott

A&Y Dave in MD

Scott,

Yes. I've been using and trusting Tom's Tango Papa decal paper since I first got an ALPS back in 1998.

Dave

Which paper did you use? Tango Papa?

Scott McDonald

--
David Bott

Sent from David Bott's desktop PC

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Dave,

Nicely done. A little weathering and distressing will make the 'screwed up E' look perfectly natural. I like the 1920's vehicles in the photo, they set and define the time line. Great job.

Claus Schlund