Piedmont & Northern Boxcar, another candidate for Vulcan ends

Bill Welch

After posting the info about the High Point Thomasville and Denton from the Prince book, it occurred to me that the Vulcan end car could likely be a Piedmont & Northern boxcar. Now not so sure as it appears rib count may be different. Interesting possibility however.

Bill Welch

al_brown03

The P&N ends have eight "outie" ribs on each side, where the W&LE ends have six "innies".

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Scott

That car is in really good shape for its age.  Looks like fresh paint for sure.  Thats an interesting car for sure.

Scott McDonald

Dennis Storzek

As we discussed before, the ends with eight outward ribs were a Murphy product as used on an order of Pere Marquette cars, which in fact this may be because the P&N picked up a lot of second hand equipment.

Dennis Storzek