Topics

Grain Loading Limit Stencils

Bob Chaparro

This is a good photo of the fill lines stenciled inside a boxcar to indicate the limit for loading grain by type:

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-09-30-18/X5239.jpg

Probably something none of us would model, though.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bruce Smith

Speak for yourself, Bob, ;) Indeed, many times these lines were on the sides of the cars near, or opposite the doors. As I work on a board by board interior for my HO scale PRR X31A, I intend to have at least one door fully open to show off the interior and thus it would likely need this stenciling. Note that the reason that I am doing this is that the restorer of a prototype PRR X31A sent me some floor boars, which I am turning into HO scale floor, side and end boards for this model.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            

Auburn, AL

"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Mar 28, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

This is a good photo of the fill lines stenciled inside a boxcar to indicate the limit for loading grain by type:
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Nolan Hinshaw

On Mar 28, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-09-30-18/X5239.jpg
That does deep-end[sic] in part on the scale. I know some obsessive sorts working in larger outdoor scales who might.
--
^<@<.@*
}"_# |
-@$&/_%
!(^I@|=>
;`+$?^?
,#"~|)^G

Jack Mullen

Also of interest, at least for the unseen-interior-detail obsessive, is the inside door for the lumber door.
Jack Mullen

jerryglow2

I created a PDF of floors an interior walls to print on light cardstock and glue inside a car. Guess I should add some of these marks near the door opening. BTW feel free to use the file.

Rich C

Thanks Jerry 

On Thursday, April 11, 2019, 5:40:30 AM CDT, jerryglow2 <jerryglow@...> wrote:

I created a PDF of floors an interior walls to print on light cardstock and glue inside a car. Guess I should add some of these marks near the door opening. BTW feel free to use the file.