Topics

Grain Loading Limit Stencils

Bob Chaparro

This is a good photo of the fill lines stenciled inside a boxcar to indicate the limit for loading grain by type:

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-09-30-18/X5239.jpg

Probably something none of us would model, though.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bruce Smith

Speak for yourself, Bob, ;) Indeed, many times these lines were on the sides of the cars near, or opposite the doors. As I work on a board by board interior for my HO scale PRR X31A, I intend to have at least one door fully open to show off the interior and thus it would likely need this stenciling. Note that the reason that I am doing this is that the restorer of a prototype PRR X31A sent me some floor boars, which I am turning into HO scale floor, side and end boards for this model.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Mar 28, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

This is a good photo of the fill lines stenciled inside a boxcar to indicate the limit for loading grain by type:
Probably something none of us would model, though.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Nolan Hinshaw

On Mar 28, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:

This is a good photo of the fill lines stenciled inside a boxcar to indicate the limit for loading grain by type:
http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-09-30-18/X5239.jpg
Probably something none of us would model, though.
That does deep-end[sic] in part on the scale. I know some obsessive sorts working in larger outdoor scales who might.
--
^<@<.@*
}"_# |

Jack Mullen

Also of interest, at least for the unseen-interior-detail obsessive, is the inside door for the lumber door.
Jack Mullen

jerryglow2

I created a PDF of floors an interior walls to print on light cardstock and glue inside a car. Guess I should add some of these marks near the door opening. BTW feel free to use the file.

Rich C

Thanks Jerry