From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Benjamin Hom
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:01 AM
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Throwback Thursday: Athearn Metal Tank Car Kits

Athearn Tank Cars ad, December 1951 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman.

Ben Hom

Dave Lawler

In my memory, those cars cars were pretty nice for their time
except their running board castings were quite brittle.
Dave Lawler

I still have one, but over the many moves 3 doors were lost.  I completed one good side and plugged the openings with styrene.  Since only one side will show on the layout, it’s (almost) as good as new. – Al Westerfield

Sent from Mail for Windows 10