SAL AF-4 and AF-3

O Fenton Wells

Here are two cars just finished.  The AF-4 was first and I didn't do a very good job on the Kadee roofwalk, the AF-3 was second and is much better almost excellent.  I'm learning. The AF-3 was a RC 40 DD , W corner car with Speedwitch doors and decals.  And yes I learned how to apply those decals better as well, thanks to members on this list.
The AF-4 was greatly aided by information from Pat Wider, thanks Pat.  It's basically an early welded PS-1 with modified roof and ends.  Southwest Scale doors modified to be DD's and Speedwitch decals.  Still learning how to mount the Kadee brake steps so they are horizontal and not crooked.  Practice, practice,. practice....and hopefully I'll get better.
The AF-5 is next and we are making new doors and ends in resin for that.
Fenton

Paul Doggett

Fenton

A good kit bashing job, did you drill holes for the Kadee roof walk? Last time I used one I cut of the fixings pegs and used canopy glue and got good results, I do like the slogan on the car.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 5 Apr 2019, at 19:53, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Here are two cars just finished.  The AF-4 was first and I didn't do a very good job on the Kadee roofwalk, the AF-3 was second and is much better almost excellent.  I'm learning. The AF-3 was a RC 40 DD , W corner car with Speedwitch doors and decals.  And yes I learned how to apply those decals better as well, thanks to members on this list.
The AF-4 was greatly aided by information from Pat Wider, thanks Pat.  It's basically an early welded PS-1 with modified roof and ends.  Southwest Scale doors modified to be DD's and Speedwitch decals.  Still learning how to mount the Kadee brake steps so they are horizontal and not crooked.  Practice, practice,. practice....and hopefully I'll get better.
The AF-5 is next and we are making new doors and ends in resin for that.
Fenton

Attachments:

Nelson Moyer

Nice work, Fenton. I like you cars, so I’m going to finally have to look at adding some Southeastern roads to my roster. At resent I have no SAL cars and only one ACL car.

Nelson Moyer

Here are two cars just finished.  The AF-4 was first and I didn't do a very good job on the Kadee roofwalk, the AF-3 was second and is much better almost excellent.  I'm learning. The AF-3 was a RC 40 DD , W corner car with Speedwitch doors and decals.  And yes I learned how to apply those decals better as well, thanks to members on this list.
The AF-4 was greatly aided by information from Pat Wider, thanks Pat.  It's basically an early welded PS-1 with modified roof and ends.  Southwest Scale doors modified to be DD's and Speedwitch decals.  Still learning how to mount the Kadee brake steps so they are horizontal and not crooked.  Practice, practice,. practice....and hopefully I'll get better.
The AF-5 is next and we are making new doors and ends in resin for that.
Fenton

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Nelson. I keep trying to get better at this

On Apr 5, 2019, at 3:44 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

[...]

gtws00

A very nice pair of cars Fenton. Well done. I like that Black roof on the AF-3 . Well done.
George Toman

Lester Breuer

Fenton, fine looking cars.  Running boards not always perfect on the prototype either.  Thanks for sharing.
Lester Breuer

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Lester
fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

O Fenton Wells

Thanks George
fenton

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM gtws00 via Groups.Io <gtws00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
A very nice pair of cars Fenton. Well done. I like that Black roof on the AF-3 . Well done.
George Toman

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

James E Kubanick

Fenton,

Nice looking pair of cars. I've always had a soft spot for SAL graphics and they certainly look good here.

As to the running board issue, I'm sure you'll find a satisfactory solution through this Group. Personally, I like the Canopy Glue method.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Saturday, April 6, 2019, 8:55:55 AM EDT, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Thanks George
fenton

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM gtws00 via Groups.Io <gtws00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
A very nice pair of cars Fenton. Well done. I like that Black roof on the AF-3 . Well done.
George Toman

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Jim. Yes the AF-3 was the second car and turned out much better, roofwalk wise that the AF-4.  I did learn from this group in regard to Canopy glue.  Still have a way to go however.
Fenton

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 5:23 PM James E Kubanick <jekuban@...> wrote:
[...]

Jerry Breon

Those are some nice looking cars Fenton. I'm a long time PRR modeler, but since relocating to NC those y'all road cars are becoming more and more attractive. Have always like the Seaboard graphics.

Jerry Breon
Mooresville, NC

SAL AF-4 and AF-3
From: O Fenton Wells
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 14:53:36 EDT

Here are two cars just finished.  The AF-4 was first and I didn't do a very good job on the Kadee roofwalk, the AF-3 was second and is much better almost excellent.  I'm learning. The AF-3 was a RC 40 DD , W corner car with Speedwitch doors and decals.  And yes I learned how to apply those decals better as well, thanks to members on this list.
The AF-4 was greatly aided by information from Pat Wider, thanks Pat.  It's basically an early welded PS-1 with modified roof and ends.  Southwest Scale doors modified to be DD's and Speedwitch decals.  Still learning how to mount the Kadee brake steps so they are horizontal and not crooked.  Practice, practice,. practice....and hopefully I'll get better.
The AF-5 is next and we are making new doors and ends in resin for that.
Fenton

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Jerry, the decals are from Speedwitch and are beautiful.