Topics

You have been removed from main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

Andy Carlson

I received this email this morning from Group io. It said to resume subscription to click there. I have not received any STMFC emails since, though I complied with their instructions. Do I need to reapply to the administration? I have no clue as to why a group email to me was scammed.

Hello,

Because your Email Service Provider reported to us that one or more messages sent to you from main@RealSTMFC.groups.io has been marked as spam you have been automatically removed from the group. We suggest that you check your spam box as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:

Resume Subscription

Groups.io groups offer several options for controlling how much and what types of emails to receive. See this Help Center article for more information.

If this happens repeatedly please check with your email service to learn about how they decide to send feedback reports to list services (such as Groups.io groups).

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Tim O'Connor

Andy, it happens. The best thing to do is to contact an administrator AFTER first checking the web site
to make sure you are still subscribed to the mailing list. A lot of email services are doing things that we
don't want them to do in the name of "convenience". I miss Eudora so much! I'm using Thunderbird and
it's about the crappiest email program ever... after Outlook that is. (shudder)

Tim O'

On 4/11/2019 3:01 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:

[...]

Sterling, Massachusetts

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Ya knows, your opinion is always welcome here in these USofA.

So is counter opinions.

It always amazes me when I see people slamming anything from, in this case, Microsoft. It also happens with other major companies.

In regards your comment about Outlook being something scary, I’ve only have been using it since around 1995-96. Occasional glitches? Sure, but nothing of any consequence.  Just saying I feel it works mighty fine.

Really, the one company I would not deal with at all if it were possible is Google. Some of their stuff on the web that we have no choice but to use does work okay; others I have tried has been nothing but a hassle.

But that is a minor point. What gripes me is the near monopoly given to Google by our “servants” in Washington. All of them, regardless of party affiliation.

People complain about he government spying on us common folk. Well, let them. I don’t do anything to piss them and they leave me alone, well, at least as much as the other poor peons out there.

But Google spying is very deep and very consistent. And they SELL all our privacy to as many organizations who are willing to pay for it. I just read a few days ago about some other way they are about to force more of their self-serving programing down our throats.

Anyway, that’s the way I see I it.

We now return to our normal programing.

Thank you for listening,

John Hagen

Andy, it happens. The best thing to do is to contact an administrator AFTER first checking the web site
to make sure you are still subscribed to the mailing list. A lot of email services are doing things that we
don't want them to do in the name of "convenience". I miss Eudora so much! I'm using Thunderbird and
it's about the crappiest email program ever... after Outlook that is. (shudder)

Tim O'

PennsyNut <pennsynut@...>

John Hagan: You tell us to stop insulting Microsoft, and then you insult Google.
Moderator. Please remove John Hagan. He's guilty of his own complaint.
Morgan Bilbo, PRR fan