Topics

West India Fruit & Steamship Company (W.I.F.) Box Car 323

Lester Breuer

After receiving a request from a friend I have added a new post for West India Fruit & Steamship Company (W.I.F.) Box Car 323 to my blog.  If you are interested in viewing photos of finished car and writeup of build, you can on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

O Fenton Wells

Excellent job Lester.  Looks very good
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Lester,

Nice model. Where did their cars go when WIF was driven out of business by the Cuban Revolution?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 4/12/19 7:48 AM, Lester Breuer wrote:
[...]

Tim O'Connor

Garth

The Atlantic Coast Line acquired the reporting marks, and still owned 5 cars lettered WIF in 1963,
from series 300 to 349. Perhaps someone with a 1961 or 1962 ORER can tell us more.

Tim O'Connor

On 4/12/2019 3:40 PM, Garth Groff wrote:
Lester,

Nice model. Where did their cars go when WIF was driven out of business by the Cuban Revolution?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 4/12/19 7:48 AM, Lester Breuer wrote:
After receiving a request from a friend I have added a new post for West India Fruit & Steamship Company (W.I.F.) Box Car 323 to my blog.  If you are interested in viewing photos of finished car and writeup of build, you can on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Sterling, Massachusetts

Bill Welch

Looking at the fineness of detail in this photo—ladder stiles and rungs, the post or ring at the corner of the roof grab for example—this could easily be mistaken for "O" scale I think or the the real 1-to-1 thing. The cross section of the curved portion of the ladder stile just perfect.

Really well done Lester.

Bill Welch