Topics

Yeah, More Resin Coming

Bill Welch

RESINATOR ALERT: Another way to be separated from your money—New Resin Company launches—http://nationalscalecar.com/

Bill Welch

Charlie Vlk

All-

Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.

HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales….

Charlie Vlk

RESINATOR ALERT: Another way to be separated from your money—New Resin Company launches—http://nationalscalecar.com/

Douglas Harding

Charlie the 2nd paragraph on their home page states their first release is HO scale. And if you bothered to read the “about” link you will learn their primary focus is HO scale, but they do plan to offer products in other scales.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.

HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales….

Charlie Vlk

RESINATOR ALERT: Another way to be separated from your money—New Resin Company launches—http://nationalscalecar.com/

Jim Gates

It says on the page their kits are HO scale.

Jim Gates

To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019, 2:42 PM

All-Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales
Charlie Vlk

Donald B. Valentine

    Begging your pardon Charlie but you have made the same mistake that many of us often make of not reading all that is presented. The National Scale Car announcement makes it clear that their first intent is to produce HO Scale mini-kits to
enable modelers to use commonly available kits for conversion into more accurate National Steel Car prototypes built for the CNR and CPR with NSC III ends between 1954 and 1956. How much more clkear can they be?

My best, Don Valentine

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Don, Charlie, and List Members,

Don, I think Charlie DID reading all that was presented.

The web page you saw (and what we still see as of today) is NOT the same as the web page Charlie saw just a little while ago - the page has been changed. Someone (site owner maybe?) updated the page in the meantime to now indicate this is an HO scale endeavor. I myself had looked at the web site when Bill Welch first posted a link to it, and I also specifically noted in my mind that there was NO INDICATION of what scale was being discussed at that point in time.

I assume someone got back to the site owner, mentioned this, and they made a correction/update.

Claus Schlund

    Begging your pardon Charlie but you have made the same mistake that many of us often make of not reading all that is presented. The National Scale Car announcement makes it clear that their first intent is to produce HO Scale mini-kits to
enable modelers to use commonly available kits for conversion into more accurate National Steel Car prototypes built for the CNR and CPR with NSC III ends between 1954 and 1956. How much more clkear can they be?

My best, Don Valentine

Charlie Vlk

All-

Thank you to National Scale Car for adding the Scale to the website.

There are a good number of N Scalers who are interested in correct STMFCs and do buy resin and rapid prototyped cars when offered in 1/160.   Admittedly, not as big a market as HO but still there….at least in pure numbers the volume of unbuilt kits on our shelves are less……

Charlie Vlk