Topics

Yeah, More Resin Coming

Bill Welch

RESINATOR ALERT: Another way to be separated from your money—New Resin Company launches—http://nationalscalecar.com/

Bill Welch

Charlie Vlk

All-

Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.

HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales….

Charlie Vlk

RESINATOR ALERT: Another way to be separated from your money—New Resin Company launches—http://nationalscalecar.com/

Douglas Harding

Charlie the 2nd paragraph on their home page states their first release is HO scale. And if you bothered to read the “about” link you will learn their primary focus is HO scale, but they do plan to offer products in other scales.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Charlie Vlk
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:43 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Yeah, More Resin Coming

All-

Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.

HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales….

Charlie Vlk

Jim Gates

It says on the page their kits are HO scale.

Jim Gates
--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 4/18/19, Charlie Vlk <cvlk@...> wrote:

Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019, 2:42 PM

All-Interesting that a company would develop a website and not state the scale that their product targets.HO may be a default assumption but there are modelers in other scales
Charlie Vlk

Donald B. Valentine

Begging your pardon Charlie but you have made the same mistake that many of us often make of not reading all that is presented. The National Scale Car announcement makes it clear that their first intent is to produce HO Scale mini-kits to
enable modelers to use commonly available kits for conversion into more accurate National Steel Car prototypes built for the CNR and CPR with NSC III ends between 1954 and 1956. How much more clkear can they be?

My best, Don Valentine

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Don, Charlie, and List Members,

Don, I think Charlie DID reading all that was presented.

The web page you saw (and what we still see as of today) is NOT the same as the web page Charlie saw just a little while ago - the page has been changed. Someone (site owner maybe?) updated the page in the meantime to now indicate this is an HO scale endeavor. I myself had looked at the web site when Bill Welch first posted a link to it, and I also specifically noted in my mind that there was NO INDICATION of what scale was being discussed at that point in time.

I assume someone got back to the site owner, mentioned this, and they made a correction/update.

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:19 AM

Begging your pardon Charlie but you have made the same mistake that many of us often make of not reading all that is presented. The National Scale Car announcement makes it clear that their first intent is to produce HO Scale mini-kits to
enable modelers to use commonly available kits for conversion into more accurate National Steel Car prototypes built for the CNR and CPR with NSC III ends between 1954 and 1956. How much more clkear can they be?

My best, Don Valentine

Charlie Vlk

All-

Thank you to National Scale Car for adding the Scale to the website.

There are a good number of N Scalers who are interested in correct STMFCs and do buy resin and rapid prototyped cars when offered in 1/160.   Admittedly, not as big a market as HO but still there….at least in pure numbers the volume of unbuilt kits on our shelves are less……

Charlie Vlk

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 8:42 AM

Hi Don, Charlie, and List Members,

Don, I think Charlie DID reading all that was presented.

The web page you saw (and what we still see as of today) is NOT the same as the web page Charlie saw just a little while ago - the page has been changed. Someone (site owner maybe?) updated the page in the meantime to now indicate this is an HO scale endeavor. I myself had looked at the web site when Bill Welch first posted a link to it, and I also specifically noted in my mind that there was NO INDICATION of what scale was being discussed at that point in time.

I assume someone got back to the site owner, mentioned this, and they made a correction/update.

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:19 AM

My best, Don Valentine

Paul Woods <paul@...>

Gents

I support Claus and Charlie; I too looked at the website soon after it was announced, and I believe the first release of the website did not mention what scale the kits were.  Since the site owner appears to have access in some way to what is said on this group, I will also make the comment that even now, the updated version does not make it particularly obvious what scale the kits are either - you have to read for quite a bit before encountering any mention of the scale.  It is far more user-friendly to be able to see at a glance the most relevant points concerning scale, era etc. in the title, not buried in the body of the description. 

In the same vein, it perhaps also needs to be clearer that the user must supply an Intermountain boxcar, by using bold text, underlining, colour highlight or suchlike.  After years of communicating information to people 'on the shop floor' who were building the ships that I was designing, I can speak from hard experience that it is just making life hard for yourself to assume everyone will pick out the important bits from what is written in front of them.

FWIW, I don't model in HO, and I have made life a bit harder for myself by restricting my era to pre-WW2, but I nevertheless find it very helpful in extending my knowledge when manufacturers, who have hopefully done their research quite carefully, include details of the era that a particular model/product are applicable to.

Regards
Paul Woods

Whangarei, NZ
NYCSHS #7172