From: GNgoat@groups.io <GNgoat@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mac McCulloch via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:26 PM
To: GNgoat@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GNgoat] WFEX express reefer in pullman green?

Todd,

Your first sentence is wrong. Cars 100-199 were bought by WFE in 1930/31. This is the first photo I have seen of this series. I researched entire GN/WFE reefer fleet for our book 'The Rusty Dusty' which is available at GNRHS Company Store.

The rest of your post is correct.

Mac McCulloch

On Sunday, April 21, 2019, 4:01:41 PM CDT, Tom Todd via Groups.Io <gntrains1@...> wrote:

It looks like a pre-Western Fruit Express.  WFE was founded soon after the establishment if the Fruit Grower's Express.  WFE and FGE shared cars.  The FGE originally was an East Coast outfit.  A lot of their traffic was in the Spring, taking Florida produce North.  The WFE brought fruit East in the Fall.  Both companies profited from car sharing.

Tom Todd

Great Northern Fan

On Sunday, April 21, 2019, 11:28:36 AM PDT, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

The Steam Era Freight Car group:

https://archive.org/details/cscrm_000269

It appears to be in Pullman green with yellow lettering.

Gary Laakso

Bill Welch

Not sure about the expert part but I think this car is probably something like Pullman Green with white or Dulux gold stenciling.

Doug or anyone, I am curious has the CSRM started digitizing and posting their photo collection?

Bill Welch

Doug Paasch

I don’t know if the CSRM site has photos.  The link was to www.archive.org and they do have CSRM photos there, along with a lot of other stuff.  I never knew until getting this link on the GN group that archive.org had any railroad stuff.  I’ve been using that site for years to get old radio programs.  Now I see it has train stuff, too!

Here is a link to a collection from CSRM on archive.org  https://archive.org/details/californiastaterailroadmuseum?&sort=-downloads&page=2

And thanks for confirming the color of the WFE reefer.

Doug Paasch