Topics

Who besides Yarmouth Makes a Carmer Lever Etching

Ken Adams

After a private exchange with Pierre, it turns out none of the Carmer lever etchings he currently offers closely matches the Carmer levers as used on my ex D&RGW, Ex USN boxcar. Levers closely matching the ones I need were included with Westerfield's SP B-50-15 kit but a check of the Westerfield website does not show these offered as a separately available part. Does anyone have any other suggestions

Spen Kellogg <spninetynine@...>

On 5/24/2019 3:57 PM, Ken Adams wrote:
After a private exchange with Pierre, it turns out none of the Carmer lever etchings he currently offers closely matches the Carmer levers as used on my ex D&RGW, Ex USN boxcar. Levers closely matching the ones I need were included with Westerfield's SP B-50-15 kit but a check of the Westerfield website does not show these offered as a separately available part. Does anyone have any other suggestions

Ken,

Plano also does Carmer cut levers:

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/coupbar_scq.html

Last item on the page.

Good luck.

Spen Kellogg

Tim O'Connor

Free State made the best etched Carmer levers - not simply blobby shapes.

On 5/24/2019 5:57 PM, Ken Adams wrote:
After a private exchange with Pierre, it turns out none of the Carmer lever etchings he currently offers closely matches the Carmer levers as used on my ex D&RGW, Ex USN boxcar. Levers closely matching the ones I need were included with Westerfield's SP B-50-15 kit but a check of the Westerfield website does not show these offered as a separately available part. Does anyone have any other suggestions

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Bruce Smith

You could etch them yourself.  😉  I'm not being facetious. I have used the MicroMark etching set with some success. The learning curve is not particularly steep... you just have to be a bit careful with the nasty chemicals. So far I have etch SUPPLEE MILK placard lettering for a reefer and decks for a PRR F34 flatcar.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL