Topics

Who besides Yarmouth Makes a Carmer Lever Etching

Ken Adams

After a private exchange with Pierre, it turns out none of the Carmer lever etchings he currently offers closely matches the Carmer levers as used on my ex D&RGW, Ex USN boxcar. Levers closely matching the ones I need were included with Westerfield's SP B-50-15 kit but a check of the Westerfield website does not show these offered as a separately available part. Does anyone have any other suggestions

Spen Kellogg <spninetynine@...>

On 5/24/2019 3:57 PM, Ken Adams wrote:
After a private exchange with Pierre, it turns out none of the Carmer lever etchings he currently offers closely matches the Carmer levers as used on my ex D&RGW, Ex USN boxcar. Levers closely matching the ones I need were included with Westerfield's SP B-50-15 kit but a check of the Westerfield website does not show these offered as a separately available part. Does anyone have any other suggestions

Ken,

Plano also does Carmer cut levers:

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/coupbar_scq.html

Last item on the page.

Good luck.

Spen Kellogg

Tim O'Connor

Free State made the best etched Carmer levers - not simply blobby shapes.

On 5/24/2019 5:57 PM, Ken Adams wrote:

Attachments:

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Bruce Smith

You could etch them yourself.  😉  I'm not being facetious. I have used the MicroMark etching set with some success. The learning curve is not particularly steep... you just have to be a bit careful with the nasty chemicals. So far I have etch SUPPLEE MILK placard lettering for a reefer and decks for a PRR F34 flatcar.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 4:57 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Who besides Yarmouth Makes a Carmer Lever Etching

Jim Hayes

Contact Westerfield. They may not list them but may sell them to you.

JimH

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Ken,

If you’re interested in the Westerfield Carmer levers, I’d contact Andrew Dahm directly or through the Westerfield website.  (http://westerfieldmodels.com/116601.html)  I’ve always found him both helpful and accommodating.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 5:57 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Who besides Yarmouth Makes a Carmer Lever Etching

Benjamin Hom

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"Free State made the best etched Carmer levers - not simply blobby shapes."

More info on them here:

Ben Hom