Topics

GATC Type 17

Tim O'Connor

The 5009 later received full lettering, wiping out the B&M's lettering.

On 5/28/2019 11:03 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

Partial shot of WAG 200
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RR-Print-Wellsville-Addison-amp-Galeton-WAG-5009-at-Galeton-Pa-6-4-1960-/123759474555?hash=item1cd0a3b77b%3Ag%3AFPQAAOSw94hc0aWp&;nma=true&si=jM4eChH7Do6CPgEAYYSAj931zhg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Dan Smith
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Schleigh Mike

Thank you Dan!

For the photo of WAG 5009 at Galeton in 1960 with the partial of WAG 200.  (I own the original slide but prints from it were commercially sold in past years.)  WAG 202 was one of the 400 PTCCo tankers Sinclair bought in 1917.  Its number was SDRX 13812.  Oddly, WAG photos of it are typified by the one you posted, only partial views of the car.  The one full view I have is of the car second-back in the string.  "Dots'--four of them--on the dome were a WAG practice carry-over from Sinclair.

By the way WAG 5009 is the only WAG XM-1 I know of that served in hide service, albeit, after our time.

Regards from Grove City, Penna.   Mike Schleigh

Tim O'Connor

i'd be sorely tempted to buy one :-)

On 5/28/2019 5:47 PM, D. Scott Chatfield wrote:
So now that Tangent has just announced their Bethlehem gon in WAG, how long before they do their GATC Type 17 in WAG?.....

Scott Chatfield

Sterling, Massachusetts

D. Scott Chatfield

So now that Tangent has just announced their Bethlehem gon in WAG, how long before they do their GATC Type 17 in WAG?.....

Scott Chatfield

Steve and Barb Hile

Also Sinclair used a round dot on the dome and had GAT Type 17 tank cars.

Steve Hile