Topics

Decaling. A happy accident

Brian Carlson

While decaling new reweigh dates and some chalk mark on a CB&Q XM-30 I had what Bob Ross would have called a happy accident.

Normally I use paper towels to blot decals, but I forgot to grab one. Being lazy, I grabbed a clean unused pan pastel sofft applicator, square end version. It worked great to blot the decal and press it down to snuggle into the side, and with more uniform pressure than my finger and a paper towel.

Just wanted to throw out this alternative use of pan pastel Sofft art sponges.

Brian J. Carlson