Topics

Coil steel loads

William Canelos

Hi All,

Any idea how to make coil steel loads for open gondolas.  I model in large scale so no commercial products are available in my scale.

Thanks, Bill

Tim O'Connor

I save all kinds of weird, miscellaneous household things - one thing I've saved
a few of is the plastic "wheels" that come with 3M Magic Tape rolls. These have an
inner and outer cylinder - just like steel coils! Two of them side by side might be
the right size for a large scale coil model. :-)

Tim O'Connor

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Mark Vinski

Cut some styrene sheet of the proper thickness into strips of the appropriate width and roll them into coils. Use something round of the proper diameter for the center hole to roll them around.

Mark Vinski