From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:12 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Coil steel loads

I save all kinds of weird, miscellaneous household things - one thing I've saved a few of is the plastic "wheels" that come with 3M Magic Tape rolls.
These have an
inner and outer cylinder - just like steel coils! Two of them side by side might be the right size for a large scale coil model. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 6/12/2019 9:01 AM, William Canelos via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi All,

Any idea how to make coil steel loads for open gondolas. I model in
large scale so no commercial products are available in my scale.

Thanks, Bill

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

William Canelos

Thanks Tim & Elden,

Elden, how do you cut the aluminum cans??

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bill;

I cut aluminum cans with good scissors. I generally sand the edges with fine sandpaper to eliminate any fuzz. I mark the inside of the can with a fine marker, then cut along the line. You can even make coils with good paper wound around a wooden dowel.

I also have resin molds I made from masters that I use for my many hot coil loads for gons.

Elden Gatwood